Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

S5 Cabriolet interior Noise/Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S5 Cabriolet interior Noise/Rattle

I've had my 2010 S5 Cab in to the dealer for an interior rattle (especially going over a bumpy road) located in the back seat, right side, window area. It seems it's behind the hard plastic cover somewhere. The dealer ordered some additional parts from Germany and I'm bringing it back in this week.

Anyone experience this Cabriolet issue? If so, what did they tell you and did it get resolved?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default squeaks & rattles

I've experienced the same noise in the same area. sometimes it sounds like it's coming from somewhere in the trunk.when u open the trunk on the left and right side there's an opening that u can pull out and access the fuse box on one side and get access to other things on the other side. open these compartments and i stuffed some medium weight towels as far back as i could. it sometimes sounded like a plastic sound. this helped me take care of my annoying noises. hope this helps u. it's worth a try. alot of plastic in cars now a days. cars need more insulation.

good luck. make sure ur spare tire and tool kit are secure and tightly fastened.
also try driving with the back seats down to c if it makes any difference.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dbono50
I've experienced the same noise in the same area. sometimes it sounds like it's coming from somewhere in the trunk.when u open the trunk on the left and right side there's an opening that u can pull out and access the fuse box on one side and get access to other things on the other side. open these compartments and i stuffed some medium weight towels as far back as i could. it sometimes sounded like a plastic sound. this helped me take care of my annoying noises. hope this helps u. it's worth a try. alot of plastic in cars now a days. cars need more insulation.

good luck. make sure ur spare tire and tool kit are secure and tightly fastened.
also try driving with the back seats down to c if it makes any difference.
Thank you, I'll do that as well. The dealer replaced several parts and a panel in the back seat right side window area. I drove it and it seemed fine for a a couple of days. The squeaking noise came back but much less than before. Brought it back to the dealer again and the tech rode in the car and said that the "plastic" parts were rubbing together. He pressed on it and it seemed to stop. The back deck right side was rubbing with other plastic causing the squeak going over bumps in the road. They put some sticky velcro type material between the plastic pieces, which is fine, I can't see it, and that seems to have solved the problem. I've had the car back two days now. We'll see. I will go in the trunk and stuff that right side compartment with a towel to be sure. Thank you for the tip!
Old 10-14-2011, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a rattle at the top of the windshield. I can hear it over bumps and when I bang on it. I think the windows make creaky sounds. If I lean my leg on the door panel adjacent to the window switches, it creaks. My armrest creaks too. too much noise for $55k! Some noises are to be expected with a convertible and I've grown to accept that over the last 17 years of having one. I haven't heard the one you are talking about yet but my expectations are low as I said.