Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

S5 Mirror Upgrade for A5

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcrew
dude, do whatever you want to do with your car, it's a free country right and don't let other people steer your creative mode. who cares about what other people think! you are doing things to your own car to please yourself spending your own money. that's why we have something called think out of the box and to those who resist to change and remain the way others made you think and act, it's about time to get off the f...ing nipples and let yourselves out because there's more out there beyond what you see or bought and stop being afraid to change, isn't that why we are all part of this site to be creative rather than congratulating the same old thing ie: "congrats on your new car" after reviewing the posted photos, right after the arrival, i mean come on we can do better than that.

jcrew
well said!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
He did not say he was putting S badges on his car. Btw the mirrors do look great on all cabs because of the windshield trim. People on here act like if you do something to your car you are hurting the audi image. So what until you make the payments on his car let him or her do what ever. Oh and btw I am thinking about having my stock s5 rims chrome plated because that is what I think looks good. Btw my payment is 697.02 for 36 months with 29 months remaining if you do not want me to chrome my wheels.
I know it wasn't a badge thing he was talking about. I was just defending the implied thought that it was creating a fake S5 by doing the mirrors. People add badging to their cars and that I don't agree with but the mirrors would just dress it up.

The mirror housings are 377 each according to my dealer. OUCH! there was a guy in Poland that was selling genuine Audi parts. I emailed him today. They were much cheaper. I hope he responds.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JGA5Cab
I know it wasn't a badge thing he was talking about. I was just defending the implied thought that it was creating a fake S5 by doing the mirrors. People add badging to their cars and that I don't agree with but the mirrors would just dress it up.

The mirror housings are 377 each according to my dealer. OUCH! there was a guy in Poland that was selling genuine Audi parts. I emailed him today. They were much cheaper. I hope he responds.
NOOOO
be careful!!!
I've heard horror stories about that guy!!!
That stuff comes scratched and they are from junk-yards!

Also be carefull of people from germany selling what they claim to be 100% Audi part - they are BUT, what they do is buy the plastic covers - and paint them an aluminum color

They are real AUDI parts - just not the S5
Old 03-08-2010, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thanks for the warning! I also wondered what would happen if they were mailed all that way and then they weren't right. I have some incentive money I wasn't expecting. I may just do it the legit way and have my *** covered if there's a problem.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JGA5Cab
thanks for the warning! I also wondered what would happen if they were mailed all that way and then they weren't right. I have some incentive money I wasn't expecting. I may just do it the legit way and have my *** covered if there's a problem.
Here are the part numbers:

8F0-857-527-A-3Q7
8F0-857-528-A-3Q7

Search online with the part numbers and see if you can get a better deal. Also, how friendly was your salesperson? I was an Audi Sales Rep back in the day and we got AMAZING discounts. I had many customers ask me AFTER their purchase to get them a discount, and I always did. Salespeople have the authority to give their discounts to customers.
Ask the guy - worse thing he can do is say no. 9 out of 10 times, they'll say yes. Its good for repeat business!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tgdA4
Why would you put these on a non-S car? To me it's like taping a Nike swoosh to your shoes or something.
Sounded like a sour grape to me man. Don't hate us just because our A5 look much better than your A4.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Houstonmobilian
Sounded like a sour grape to me man. Don't hate us just because our A5 look much better than your A4.
I am not so sure about S models looking better than Base models. I was just down in South Beach-Miami-Melbourne-Jupiter-PalmBeach areas last week and saw several S5's on Black Grills up front like in A5, mirror caps matching body colors just like an like A5. For some reason S5 owners out there feel like the aluminum finish mirror caps and Grey grill in S5 are not that eloquent anymore...
Old 03-09-2010, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Houstonmobilian
Your A5's look gorgeous...that's why I'm saying leave them alone!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by cabriolow
Here are the part numbers:

8F0-857-527-A-3Q7
8F0-857-528-A-3Q7

Search online with the part numbers and see if you can get a better deal. Also, how friendly was your salesperson? I was an Audi Sales Rep back in the day and we got AMAZING discounts. I had many customers ask me AFTER their purchase to get them a discount, and I always did. Salespeople have the authority to give their discounts to customers.
Ask the guy - worse thing he can do is say no. 9 out of 10 times, they'll say yes. Its good for repeat business!
wow! I wish I had seen this before going to the dealer. they had two listings for each mirror. I was the one that said that maybe it was different for the Driver's Assist package. My salesman found a VIN from the locate software and gave it to the parts rep. I mentioned that my company had a wholesale account there and knocked 150 bucks off the price for the pair. I am very happy and can't wait until the 3/23 to have them installed!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got mine put on today! GORGEOUS!!!!

Quick Reply: S5 Mirror Upgrade for A5