Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

S5 U.S. Delivery Dates

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S5 U.S. Delivery Dates

My dealer (who was quite responsive before he sold me a 2013 s5) has now done a 180. I still haven't heard from him about pricing details (despite the order guide with prices being released over a week ago) and, as far as I know, there is no status update on the estimated delivery date of my car.

Originally, the car was projected to be here in "mid-late July." If that is still the case, one would figure there would have to be some update by now.

Has anyone been promised any earlier delivery date or heard any more detailed information regarding the current status of their s5?
Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

I placed my S5 order on May 18 and was told after the order was placed (the same day) that my delivery date was August 25th.

I don't know how much of delivery time is dealer specific. I'm curious when my car is supposed to go into production and how much of this wait is just for the car to come from port.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

leetjon00, when do you order the car? I ordered the car in early April about one week after the 2013 spec sheet was released by Audi. My dealer hasn't given me a specific date, but I've been told mid- to late-June.

Also, in case you don't already have it, another member of this forum has already posted up the pricing guide.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I ordered my S5 in late April and was promised end of July for delivery.

As of yesterday, they have no date for the car, and it apparently is sill in the "bank" and not yet scheduled for a production week.

4 weeks after ordering... ugh.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It also depends on whether the 13' S5 comes out of the dealers allocation or not. Some dealers don't get S5 allocations at all while others get three '13 S5 for instance. According to my delaer who got three '13 S5 allocations, the earliest delivery time is mid-August +/- a week. In any case, it is very hard to believe that a '13 model can be delivered in July, let alone in June (they still have a bunch of '12 to sell). Bottomline, whichever dealer promises you a June/July delivery is just trying to tell you what you want to hear.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered mine April 11. If the car is still just sitting in the I.S. Bank at this point, then yeah, no way in hell I'll be seeing it in July.

This whole process with Audi just seems ***-backwards (e.g., ordering a car without even knowing the final price for it). I guess that's the price you pay for wanting the newest model ASAP, but still, pretty disappointed with the Audi sales rep. at this point. Foolish on his part too, seeing as how I'm under 30 years old and thus plan on buying luxury vehicles for the next 25+ years at least...
Old 05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Schumi, I received this document from my dealer a while back. If you scroll to the bottom, it lists off Audi's targeted release dates for their A5/S5/RS5 in terms of early summer, mid summer or summer. The S5's are targeted for early summer, which makes me think June.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
S5.pdf (831.9 KB, 160 views)
Old 05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JBScicom
Schumi, I received this document from my dealer a while back. If you scroll to the bottom, it lists off Audi's targeted release dates for their A5/S5/RS5 in terms of early summer, mid summer or summer. The S5's are targeted for early summer, which makes me think June.
I still believe a '13 S5 for a June delivery is wishful thinking. How many guys do you see here that ordered an '13 S5 this year and have a production date in Audi's order bank? I haven't seen anyone. Today being May 24, even if anyone got a production date tomorrow on May 25, it would still take about 6-8 weeks until delivery ie very late July-first half August. It doesn't really mater what is written on this sheet when nobody has a production date for a '13 S5 yet.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

My dealer has two 2013 S5 Cabs expected to arrive on June 11. Both are Prestige models; one Monsoon Gray, one Brilliant Black.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Force-1
My dealer has two 2013 S5 Cabs expected to arrive on June 11. Both are Prestige models; one Monsoon Gray, one Brilliant Black.
Sure, my dealer has two '13 S5s arriving next week as well. But none of these S5s are special order ones. I'm certain there will be no special order S5s being delivered to customers in June/July.

Quick Reply: S5 U.S. Delivery Dates