Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Seat Belt 'Beep' driving me nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan1524
I believe on seatbelts, but not when I'm pulling the car out to my driveway for a wash, or to the convenience store 2 mins away in 40kmh neighborhood. I'd bike it, but it's cold right now.
For most normal people, the duration of the beep during pulling in and out of the driveway for a wash, is usually not long enough for it to bother them.

As for going to the store, if it is far away enough for the beep to bother you, then one should probably buckle up.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not about the beep, and it's not about having to buckle up for a whatever distance of trip.

I just don't like something or someone telling what to do. I know when I need a seatbelt.

Having said that, buckle up people.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derXmasta
you can always buckle up? =)
Just wish it was easier to grab or pushed towards you after the car was started. Seatbelts save lives. Thats a fact not fiction. Buckleup it may be your own life you save.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ryan1524
I just don't like something or someone telling what to do. I know when I need a seatbelt.
I think, like you, that most of us don't like being told what to do and when to do it. But ... so many 'just don't get it' even when they see people's bodies and body parts motionless on the median. Most of us just don't know when accidents are about to happen OR when those morons on the road are about to deliberately joyride/crash 'their' stolen vehicles into others.

Last edited by PetC; 01-16-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you would have seen what I have in the 25 years of patrol work u would buckle up coming out of ur garage. It boggles my mind people not wearing seat belts.
Think carefully, if in an accident would you rather remain in the vehicle or would u rather be ejected? The ground is very hard and with the vehicle rolling over u is not a good thing.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by perdido34
I'm in favor of seatbelts, but this is a particularly meaningless statistic to support using them. Since most vehicle trips involve "just a few miles," then of course most accidents will take place during short trips!

Of course that study is " Captain Obvious " , but I used it in my response to the OP in addition to the the details of my accident to remind all that that there is no such thing as a trip too short to bother belting up. And if you have teenagers, you'd be shocked how many don't belt up when they are given rides home from school by a friend ( or even by my wife or me)
. They roll their eyes and say the same thing " it's only a few blocks " . And if it's dark, a teen may tell you they are belted even when not .But there are times I forget to check " back there" . That's when one wishes there were back seat belt chimes - that's probably a more desired feature for adults whose cars become neighborhood taxis for teens. And these are kids growing up around Stanford /PaloAlto , the most nannied ,coddled and " safety-proofed " kids around where Volvos may still outnumber Mercedes.

Last edited by Inclined; 01-17-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How hard is it to just put the dam seat belt on?

The only times i don't have it on is if i need to adjust my parking, or move the car to another spot at my house. Anything else, I put on the seat belt. It's not that difficult buddy.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's odd to compare the responses in this thread to the responses in the Speed Limiter thread.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default If youlove your seat belt so much, why use the word.....

Originally Posted by jasongg06
How hard is it to just put the dam seat belt on?

The only times i don't have it on is if i need to adjust my parking, or move the car to another spot at my house. Anything else, I put on the seat belt. It's not that difficult buddy.
"dam" just before it?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Inclined
Vehicle statistics show most motor vehicle accidents occur just a few miles from where one lives...
I would just move then...

Quick Reply: Seat Belt 'Beep' driving me nuts!