Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Seat memory questions plz---

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat memory questions plz---

1. I set the memory seat, activated the (store to remote key thingy in the MMI), inserted my smart key into the dash slot... I thought this would store the settings to the key so that if the seats are moved, and the car is unlocked by either touching the sensor or unlocking with the remote, the drivers seat would move to the memorized spot. this does not seem to be the case, and the only way for me to get the seat back to the correct position is to hold in the number 1 button where I stored the seat position at first. Is this the only way to do it or should it also work with the key as well? I didn't think I should have to press and hold the button each time I want to restore the seat position if its been moved.

2. Is the memory only for drivers or does it memorize both drivers and passengers? It seems that when I move the passenger seat all the way froward with the button in the rear of the seat back to get my kid into his car seat, when I push the seat back back to its position, the seat moves by itself to some other position...is this going back to a "memorized position"?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is confusing!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two different things

when you flip the seat forward or drop the seat back, it can move forward or reverse in some fashion in a way which i have not yet been able to determine.. i know it's not related to memory, but some differential between the setting on the lower switches and the additional adjustment made by the top switch..

the memory seats are only for the drivers side, though you have the seat symmetry and convenience view options via the MMI for moving the passenger seat if you want.. i have the seat set to my key, and what happens is when i lock the car whatever the position the seat is in gets 'saved' to my key.. when i unlock the car again with that key, the seat returns to that saved position.. since i'm the only one who drives my car, this doesn't actually do anything, but my wife and i both drive our Q7 and that's exactly how it works.. so:

1. set seat to desired position
2. lock car
3. next time that key unlocks, the seat will return to that position

or

1. set seat to desired position
2. set memory for that position
3. push button to return to that position

note that if you leave the door open and push the memory button, the seat should move all the way into position with one single momentary push.. if the door is closed, you need to hold down the button to get the seat all the way back to its position.. i believe this is a safety feature to prevent 6'3" folks like me from getting crushed while sitting in the seat when i accidentally hit the "1" memory that's set for my 5'1" wife..

bottom line, it should work with your key.. try this:

take one key, set the seat the way you want it, lock the car.. hide that key somewhere back in the house.. take the other key and set it to save the seats also (the settings are different for each key, too) and then set the seat to something wacky.. lock the car.. then swap the keys and unlock the car with the first key.. the seat should zip back into the appropriate position..

also, what carseat do you use?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I will try that first thing in the morning. and THANK YOU! I use a Graco in my car...

my wife has the Britax fancy dancy one in her car, since she is the primary go getter of the little guy. Mine is not as convenient to use, as far as the ease to use the latch system, but once its in its fine. I dont plan on taking it out much!

Thanks again for your very thorough answer. I will check back in with you tomorrow!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Flipping seats forward

Flip the seat forward and then use the electric arrow buttons on the shoulder to move the seat as far forward as you want.

Once you have stuff loaded/unloaded in the back seat, you hold the arrow down until the seat stops. It will automatically return to the prior position if you hold the button down until it stops itself. If you go halfway and then stop, and then start again, I think, it goes back further.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to make sure in "Car" that you've enabled that feature.