Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Silver Coupe - Pictures on a sunny day!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver Coupe - Pictures on a sunny day!

I was doing a test for my Certification the other day at work for the A5 & S5 line up, and it asked questions about previous
Audi models inspiring the design of the new coupe. More importantly it talked about particular interior and exterior lines that
echoed that prevues coupe body lines. After I finished the test I decided to go out and enjoy the sun and take some pictures
of this silver A5, I never thought taking a test would be so fun.

Enjoy the pictures!

http://www.iamaudi.com/audi-a5-s-lin...-drive-select/
Old 04-06-2009, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is this the Monza Silver color? Looks great
Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My last two cars have been silver w/ black interiors...i have two young children and no ready access to a car wash or the ability to wash my own cars (i live in the city), and silver/black is by far the most practical color combo from a maintenance persepective. Silver can look fairly clean for months without a wash and hides scratches, and black interiors hide all manners of stains. that being said, i'm going to go for a dark exterior/light interior on my next car, as variety is the spice of life. Looking at silver cars now just bores me.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ayfourthreepointoh
Looking at silver cars now just bores me.
Yep, have you noticed on the road lately, silver was HUGE on older model Camry and now everyone seems to drive a gray Camry. Silver has been great for years because of its ability to go dirty for long but come on, a car at 50k +, you want to show it!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlueSander
Yep, have you noticed on the road lately, silver was HUGE on older model Camry and now everyone seems to drive a gray Camry. Silver has been great for years because of its ability to go dirty for long but come on, a car at 50k +, you want to show it!
I love the silver. Been driving a silver A4 for 11 years.

I grabbed a Quartz Grey because I could not find silver with my requirements anywhere within 300 miles of Hartford.

Everyone has their preference but silver is a classic.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

There's no doubt that silver and white are the 2 easiest colors to mtake care of. I try as often as possible to go white myself. Wife almost always buys silver or white.

But then you see it.... spotless shining in the sun or on the dealer showroom floor.......... a brilliant BLACK sportscar and SWOOOOSH...

you're in the car detailing business again!

I love a Black car... and not that fake Metallic Black... a real Black car. Nothing touches that look all detailed out to the nines.

But you have to work for it!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mgd99
I love the silver. Been driving a silver A4 for 11 years.

I grabbed a Quartz Grey because I could not find silver with my requirements anywhere within 300 miles of Hartford.

Everyone has their preference but silver is a classic.
uhm, all personal reference here but you have to admit that a clean black car always get the people's eyes more often than any other color out there. If that doesn't work then, psychologically speaking, a dark color get people's attention better than something plain in like silver... lol... Hey, have you noticed that we get a tons of A5 lately in Hartford area? there are 4-5 in West Hartford now. I even saw them all in one day within half an hour period too. Audi rule!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlueSander
uhm, all personal reference here but you have to admit that a clean black car always get the people's eyes more often than any other color out there. If that doesn't work then, psychologically speaking, a dark color get people's attention better than something plain in like silver... lol... Hey, have you noticed that we get a tons of A5 lately in Hartford area? there are 4-5 in West Hartford now. I even saw them all in one day within half an hour period too. Audi rule!
I don't deny that a clean black car looks remarkable. I saw the black S5 in the showroom and was awestruck. The problem is keeping them clean. My neighbor is an Audi fanatic with a black S4. Before I picked the Quartz, I asked him how much of a pain it was keeping the car clean, because I really loved that shiny black S5. He said it had become such a chore that he was going to be selling the car this summer and getting another color.

I don't know about you, but my life is already too busy to add washing a car twice a week.

I live 20 min south of Hartford, there are no A5's down here. Lots of Mercedes, BMW's and A4/A6's............... but no A5's yet.

But I know Hoffman has moved several over the last 8 weeks. Which reminds me, I need to go see if they got my car up here yet.