Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Solar Orange A5 at Anchor Audi

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoustonA5
Gross.. there's a front plate bracket on it... how tacky..
And that is because New York requires a fron license plate. The cars can't be ordered without the plate bracket.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a5sport
And that is because New York requires a fron license plate. The cars can't be ordered without the plate bracket.
Texas also requires a front plate. They can be ordered without the front plate bracket, as evidenced by my two without front plates in my sig pics. I'd rather pay the $40 ticket than destroy the front end of the car.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Texas also requires a front plate. They can be ordered without the front plate bracket, as evidenced by my two without front plates in my sig pics. I'd rather pay the $40 ticket than destroy the front end of the car.
Come on dude, there is someone up here with the same color except his is a S5. Color is objective and looking at this car is night and day comparing to your yellow TT. That TT model was pretty ugly and yellow just made it looks like a huge pile of ... in the middle of the road. See, that's my personal take on it but yours could be just the opposite. Also, in CT, we are required to have front plate but could order without. Running around without one is fine (and many do) however, some stupid cop decided to give you a ticket. It would be one hell of fight to get that one dropped. In fact, I haven't heard anyone got away from that.

Last edited by BlueSander; 11-23-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueSander
Come on dude, there is someone up here with the same color except his is a S5. Color is objective and looking at this car is night and day comparing to your yellow TT. That TT model was pretty ugly and yellow just made it looks like a huge pile of ... in the middle of the road. See, that's my personal take on it but yours could be just the opposite. Also, in CT, we are required to have front plate but could order without. Running around without one is fine (and many do) however, some stupid cop decided to give you a ticket. It would be one hell of fight to get that one dropped. In fact, I haven't heard anyone got away from that.
If you'll look back, I never complained about the color. I have no problem with it, but thanks for giving me your unsolicited take on mine.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you'll look back, I never complained about the color. I have no problem with it, but thanks for giving me your unsolicited take on mine.
Yeah man, it was guzmanA5
"I guess it belongs to someone with poor taste or simply a ghetto resident, bet he/she's got the chrome 22" rims on standby"

like the old saying goes, measure 3 times and cut only once.

btw Houston, Imola was one of the best colors to ever come out of Ingolstadt.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GuzmanA5
is gonna eaten alive the moment he exits the dealer lot, i mean 2.0T and 8 speed multitronic transmission.. a co-worker of mine has one on this configuration and he wishes he purchased eiher a manual or a bigger engine
The car is actually faster with the 8-speed...
Old 11-23-2010, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gross.. there's a front plate bracket on it... how tacky..
not as tacky as a yellow hairdresser car...
Old 11-23-2010, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT )))
Old 11-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cabriolow
Taste is objective my friend!

I would do the orange
+1
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Interesting. Especially considering that he ordered it the beginning of Sept. A few weeks after my S5 got here. Maybe he saw my pics. LOL.

I have seen a few A5's in the color on the intrawebs. Ill continue to hold down the Orange S5 contingent solo here

Speaking of which, with the Tint, Exhaust, Downpipes, Tune, Spacers done...will be finishing up the car with the coilovers and wheels soon...

Quick Reply: Solar Orange A5 at Anchor Audi