Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

solution for putting my puppy in the S5

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cute dog! Never let pets in the car but that thing looks like it would work fine. The only time I ever let a dog in the car was a very smart bulldog I had that knew he had to stay on the towel in the passenger seat. Good luck..your puppy is going to feel like such a douche in that space suit!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mop1.8t
Cute dog! Never let pets in the car but that thing looks like it would work fine. The only time I ever let a dog in the car was a very smart bulldog I had that knew he had to stay on the towel in the passenger seat. Good luck..your puppy is going to feel like such a douche in that space suit!
Thanks! She's my first dog ever. It is a lot of fun being a dog mom.

She's well behaved and will stay on the floor in front of the passenger seat if I tell her to. However, when she sits and kicks/scratches her neck, as dogs do, it sends out plumes of hair!

Haha, yeah the suit is so ridiculous! She will look so stupid! I'll be sure to post pics.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

there may not be a "law" prohibiting you from having your dog on your lap, but you could be cited for not being able to control your vehicle with an obstruction. That is valid in many states.

So, in a sense, there is legislation associated with this.

Additonally, if you get in an accident, think of the liability you just brought on to yourself...careless and reckless driving, lawsuits, etc.

FYI...
Old 05-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by IAS5
there may not be a "law" prohibiting you from having your dog on your lap, but you could be cited for not being able to control your vehicle with an obstruction. That is valid in many states.
If I caused an accident or otherwise broke the law, I could be cited for negligent driving because of the puppy. You could also replace "puppy" with any number of distractions and get the same negligent driving ticket.

Honestly, the puppy isn't a problem. If she was, I wouldn't let her on my lap. I don't live in fear of what might happen. I'm aware of it and I take enough precaution to make myself comfortable, then I spend the rest of the time enjoying life. Lighten up guys!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NateS5
I think we've just about beat to death the topic of puppies riding in laps. This thread is about protecting the car interior from dog hair, claws, dirt, etc. If we could talk about that, that would be fantastic.
Originally Posted by NateS5
Honestly, the puppy isn't a problem. If she was, I wouldn't let her on my lap. I don't live in fear of what might happen. I'm aware of it and I take enough precaution to make myself comfortable, then I spend the rest of the time enjoying life. Lighten up guys!
Exactly. The rest of you really needs to lighten up. It is only a little puppy, how much damage can it really do. You all need to forcus on the topic here !!! If the OP and his dog were ever in an accident that's bad enough to cause harm and damage, the most important thing to know here is that the Audi will be free of dog hair, dirt or any claw marks. So what if one or more of the occupants did not survive, the EMTs and the ER teams will all be so impressed how free of dog hair the S5's interior is.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yea man, post some pics of the suit....will be a hoot! I could care less what you do with your dog...its your dog. At least the dog will make it nearly impossible to text and drive which does kill thousands. Fun fact...I think it was in car and driver. They did several tests with drivers intoxicated, drivers reading and drivers texting. The reader/texter did WAY worse than the intoxicated driver....scary! But yea, many do way worse on the road than ride a dog around...may check dog forums for more info?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by b45H1r
Nate:

1. Driving with a dog in your lap is against the law. Repeat, it's illegal.

2. If you are involved in an accident that sets of your airbag, there is a very high likelihood it will be killed. If it is an accident under heavy breaking he could be thrown into the footwell (which is against the firewall, which is the first part of the car that intrudes into the cabin in a crash).

3. If your dog is (i know you said he's small) between you and the expanding airbag, he will be killed and you will be killed.

4. I am not speaking in hypothetical's. I am a trauma surgeon and have personally treated patients who have suffered fatal injuries just having a dog in their lap. Just so you know, i've even had a patient with a massive head injury after their unrestrained "little dog" was thrown into the back of their head when he was in the back seat.

Put a proper restraining device on your dog.

They are the same size as kids (no matter what size your dog is) and the thought of having an unrestrained child in your car is abhorent.
1) Driving with a dog in your lap is not illegal. I repeat, it is NOT illegal.
2) Airbags are not set "of", they are set "off".
3) Reading the OP clearly indicates the dog is female, yet you refer to the puppy as "it" or "he".
4) Maybe a trauma surgeon doesn't need to pay attention to details, but being a Doctor of Pharmacy, I do. I would certainly question any prescriptions your patients brought to me.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Forget it guys...

...he's obviously brain dead.

If he can't see the stupidity in what he is doing, I feel sorry for the poor dog.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sccpmusc26
1) Driving with a dog in your lap is not illegal. I repeat, it is NOT illegal.
2) Airbags are not set "of", they are set "off".
3) Reading the OP clearly indicates the dog is female, yet you refer to the puppy as "it" or "he".
4) Maybe a trauma surgeon doesn't need to pay attention to details, but being a Doctor of Pharmacy, I do. I would certainly question any prescriptions your patients brought to me.
Is this where you are really going to go with this thread ? Really ?!

As a Pharm-D, you should know that b45H1r is right about the potential danger in not properly restraining a live animal within a moving vehicle.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Q
AudiWorld Member

RUN FOREST, RUN!!!

Quick Reply: solution for putting my puppy in the S5