Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Special ordering non standard colors on A5 and S5 in North America

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special ordering non standard colors on A5 and S5 in North America

I know that right now, Audi will not allow North American customers to special order special order non standard exterior/interior color combinations (i.e. special ordering standard exterior colors with standard interior colors) and non standard exterior colors for the A5 and S5.

My question is this. When will Audi allow North American customers to special order non standard color combinations (like I described in full detail in the first paragraph) and non standard exterior colors on the A5 and S5?

Soon, I hope. I can almost (about 85-90%) guarantee that North American A5 and S5 customers will have this option with special colors before I am ready to buy my own S5 coupe in two (CY2009 for MY2010) or three (CY2010 for MY2011) years.

As a North American customer, with this option, I would special order northern blue pearl effect with Tuscan brown/black interior on my S5, FWIW.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can special order any color Audi is currently producing for $2500 right now.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default But does that apply to the A5 and S5 in North America?

Awhile back, an AudiWorld member (whose name I don't remember, unfortunately) that is a resident of the USA who bought an S5 said that he got word from AofA that the A5 and S5 will initially be unavailable in North America with thIS $2,500 special order color option.

Perhaps this AW member made a mistake? Or, perhaps AofA (or one employee, two or a few AofA employees) made a mistake?
Old 10-28-2007, 12:34 PM

Default That WAS the case for those who ordered in June/July...

NOW you can order whatever color you want from the Audi catalog...
Old 10-28-2007, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: That WAS the case for those who ordered in June/July...

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!! Yes, these smiley faces, exclamation points and all capital letters are signs of extreme enthusiasm, not anger.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default One reason I went with the S4...

I ordered Northern Blue Pearl (over Silver nappa) on my B7 - which is due in 3-4 weeks. It's an incredibly striking color. It would be awesome with a darker (even Amaretto) interior, but I had NB/Silver on my B6 and loved it, so I got another.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Special ordering non standard colors on A5 and S5 in North America

Two weeks ago, I ordered my S5 in Misano Red Pearl - a non standard color in the US for the S5. The option cost me $2500 and factory told the dealer to expect up to a 6 week delay because of this, so I am looking at mid Feb for delivery here in San Diego.

Hope this helps. If you hear any official communication from Aoa stating otherwise please post.

Regards
Old 10-28-2007, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default There have been orders placed with special colors...

I guess the system doesn't say what color it is, but it does show up in the system. There is at least one being built right now, from what I know (second-hand knowledge). IIRC, it is for November or December delivery.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:49 AM

Default My understanding is that as long as Audi still offers that color in the catalog you can get it.

Example: Nogaro Blue, no longer available even in Europe, is not available for order.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: My understanding is that as long as Audi still offers that color in the catalog you can get it.

Isn't sprint blue the same as Nogaro blue? I have seen both of these colors in person and cannot tell any difference whatsovever between these two colors. And they are both "pearl effect" colors to boot.

I like northern blue (which is also a pearl effect color) the best by far of all of the Audi colors. It is dark enough thet it is elegant and light enough that it is sporty and fairly easy to maintain and keep clean. Is this color still in the Audi catalog, Alex?

Quick Reply: Special ordering non standard colors on A5 and S5 in North America