Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Sprint Blue it is!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint Blue it is!

Alright, so I finally made up my mind after about a month of thinking. I've decided to go with Sprint Blue, Prestige, Titanium Package, with Black Interior and carbon inlays.

Built online came out to 61,500
Going to the dealer this weekend to see what they have to say.

Any information or tips I should know before I take my decision to the table.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2010, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice choice of color

I opted for the black/silver seats rather than an all-black interior as it felt a bit too dark without something contrasting the already all-black dash and console. Sure, there are some shiny trims around the Carbon Atlas inlays, but not enough for me. Granted, all-black would probably work better with the Ti package.

Are you opting for the Sports Rear Differential (it wasn't listed above)?
Old 12-30-2010, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by questionlp
Nice choice of color

I opted for the black/silver seats rather than an all-black interior as it felt a bit too dark without something contrasting the already all-black dash and console. Sure, there are some shiny trims around the Carbon Atlas inlays, but not enough for me. Granted, all-black would probably work better with the Ti package.

Are you opting for the Sports Rear Differential (it wasn't listed above)?
I did not add the Sports Rear Differential, however I may just add that on. Would you recommend it?
Old 12-30-2010, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by markypoo904
I did not add the Sports Rear Differential, however I may just add that on. Would you recommend it?
If you are looking to flog your S5 around a bit, then I would recommend it. I love driving the twists and turns on the west side of town and setting the differential to Dynamic helps a bit (considering the S5 is a bit nose heavy). It also provides you with controls for the Servotronic steering (does not include the dynamic steering ratio controls of the full ADS) and throttle response settings (add shift points for non-manual transmission cars).
Old 12-30-2010, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Nice, I will take that into consideration. Does anyone know what the deposit is to place an order, or does it vary from dealer to dealer?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by markypoo904
Nice, I will take that into consideration. Does anyone know what the deposit is to place an order, or does it vary from dealer to dealer?
Congrats on pulling the trigger - I know colour choice is a hard decision.
When I ordered my Sprint Blue S4 the dealer wanted a substantial deposit since they said 'it's a harder color to sell if you back out'.

Your mileage may vary when it comes to deposit amount.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you all for the info, Ill see what the dealer in Houston has to say about it.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

The local dealer only required a $1000 deposit when I ordered my S5, even with the consideration that Sprint Blue is a rare color in the Portland area. As UmIsThisThingOn mentioned, it will vary by dealer and region (some colors are more popular in one region compared to another).
Old 01-01-2011, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Alright, I did it! However a minor change occured! Well major I guess you can say. I ended up going with Ibis White, Prestige, Sports Rear Diff, Black Int, with Carbon Inlays! I was set on getting the Sprint Blue, but once I saw it in person it wasnt really the blue I expected, Awesome color but just not for me. My next choice was Ibis White so I did it, order was placed and I was told to expect it in approximately 90 days. Cant wait!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on the order and no worries on the color change. I was gung-ho about going with Meteor Gray ever since I started saving up for an S5 (well, technically, an A5 3.2 S-Line at first) until I saw a Meteor Gray S5 and a Sprint Blue S5 within the same lot. It was then, I changed my mind.

Sprint Blue is a love it or not type of color, as the same has been said about Meteor Gray. Ibis White is still a great color for the S5, having seen it in person several times. I'm just not a fan of owning a white or black car.

90 days may not seem like a lot, but boy does it stretch out towards the end.

Quick Reply: Sprint Blue it is!