Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Sprint Blue Pearl Effect

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint Blue Pearl Effect

Has anybody seen this color with the two tone seats, Blk/Silver. Also is the silver closer to white or a silver. A little afraid that it could be to light since they call this a different name that there other silver interiors. I have seen pictures but it is hard to tell. Wonder about resale with this blue. Personally I love it in the pictures.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am looking at a Sprint Blue S5 as well and have been debating whether or not to get the two-tone or the Black with Black Alcantara inserts. The "silver" looks more white than proper silver.

Fourtitude has a review of a Sprint Blue with the two-tone seats:
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_5464.shtml

Personally, I would really like it if the door panel insert were also "silver" rather than black (although it seems like the two-tone S4 gets the second tone for the door panel insert).

At this point, I'm now siding towards the Black/Black with Carbon Atlas. While the Aluminum inserts look okay, I would prefer the Stainless Steel inserts except for the Piano Black center console piece.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

I saw a Sprint Blue S4 with Black/Silver interior and IMO the combination is beautiful. If I was a "blue car person" I would go for it.

The silver interior definitely does look more white than silver, but it is nice. Yes, the S4 does get the second tone for the door panel insert, as does the S5 Cab.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

S Blue with alcantara black is what i have. would have went silver black though. the silver accents would work really nice inside.
Originally Posted by questionlp
I am looking at a Sprint Blue S5 as well and have been debating whether or not to get the two-tone or the Black with Black Alcantara inserts. The "silver" looks more white than proper silver.

Fourtitude has a review of a Sprint Blue with the two-tone seats:
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_5464.shtml

Personally, I would really like it if the door panel insert were also "silver" rather than black (although it seems like the two-tone S4 gets the second tone for the door panel insert).

At this point, I'm now siding towards the Black/Black with Carbon Atlas. While the Aluminum inserts look okay, I would prefer the Stainless Steel inserts except for the Piano Black center console piece.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by s5forum
S Blue with alcantara black is what i have. would have went silver black though. the silver accents would work really nice inside.
How has the Alcantara served you so far (how has it aged and how have you handled stains)? That's my biggest worry about the silver inserts and the lack of silver door panel inserts are what's keeping me from making it my first decision.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can offer a little advice on the silver aspect of the color. As you see from my garage pictures, I have the regular silk nappa silver interior on the sprint blue.

I didn't get the alcantara ones just because I didn't know about the staining if I wore dark pants and I didn't really like how the door panels were black. But the flip side to the ones I got (as I am finding out) the bolsters get dirty (of "patina'ed if you want to be nice) VERY fast. And I'm talking 2 or 3 in and outs and you feel like you want to break out the Zymol and wipes the sides down. I haven't had too much dirtying of the armrest or the door panels. I think the center arm rest should have been black since your arm is on it most of the time anyway.

I've heard the alcantara silver seats are worse for staining if you wear alot of dark blue jeans, but, like I said it just what I've heard.

As for the silver v. white part, I would put them at closer to the white side than "silver". It definately whiter than the stone leather color from the TT's seats and personally I think that would have been a more proper color for this car.

Hope it helps.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

The beige interior in my A4 has patina'ed over the years as well, even with basic care. I don't wear jeans (just not my style), but I like to wear dark slacks and khakis, so I'm not sure whether or not those will stain the "silver" Alcantara over the years.

I hope that the 2011 S5 will bring "silver" door panel inserts with the Black/Silver Alcantara option. If so, I'll go with it (the seat inserts alone just don't seem to be enough of a contrast for me).

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

No issue so far. its getting hot here and expect it not to burn me like my last full leather seat did. The feel is nice also. Very homey. like your favorite chair.

How has the Alcantara served you so far (how has it aged and how have you handled stains)? That's my biggest worry about the silver inserts and the lack of silver door panel inserts are what's keeping me from making it my first decision.

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by s5forum
No issue so far. its getting hot here and expect it not to burn me like my last full leather seat did. The feel is nice also. Very homey. like your favorite chair.
Even though it doesn't get too hot in the Pacific Northwest, I appreciate not getting burned when the car is baking in the sun.

I wonder if there is a way to get the "silver" door panel inserts changed after the car arrives or, even better, if the "silver" door panel becomes standard for 2011 when optioned with the black/silver Alcantara seats.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you find a part number your local audi dealer can look it up all the way back to germany. May be expensive if you have go that route.

Even though it doesn't get too hot in the Pacific Northwest, I appreciate not getting burned when the car is baking in the sun.

I wonder if there is a way to get the "silver" door panel inserts changed after the car arrives or, even better, if the "silver" door panel becomes standard for 2011 when optioned with the black/silver Alcantara seats.

Quick Reply: Sprint Blue Pearl Effect