Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Stasis Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stasis Exhaust

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed but I've searched through the forums and sent out a couple PM's without getting much information. I just got the 2.0T coupe and am considering adding the Stasis exhaust. Would really love to hear from anyone who has had some Stasis work done, especially an exhaust on a 2.0. I'm obviously looking to improve the sound but looking to avoid anything obnoxious if you guys know what I mean. I assume with Stasis working through Audi dealers that their stuff remains pretty classy. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Take this for what it's worth but I have a 3.2L w/Stasis exhaust. Problem with that system is cabin drone bewteen 2K and 3K on the tach.

However, I had a chance to drive the Stasis B8-A4 2.0 w/their system on that machine as well. The difference is very pronounced. Becuase the 2.0 is turbocharged, the sound is muted. I did spy what appeared to be a custom resonator for their system but the bottom line is, there was no cabin drone as there was in mine.

I can't speak for the performance aspect but Stasis is more about performance; when I came up to their site last year, before their move to VA, we tried a few things but could not come up with a solution to my problem without sacraficing HP so we ended up leaving it as is since the whole idea of my purchase was originally for the added HP/torque.

I'm now at a point that I don't care too much for the sound and will begin experimenting but that's a bit off topic here.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A5AFTERB5
Take this for what it's worth but I have a 3.2L w/Stasis exhaust. Problem with that system is cabin drone bewteen 2K and 3K on the tach.

However, I had a chance to drive the Stasis B8-A4 2.0 w/their system on that machine as well. The difference is very pronounced. Becuase the 2.0 is turbocharged, the sound is muted. I did spy what appeared to be a custom resonator for their system but the bottom line is, there was no cabin drone as there was in mine.

I can't speak for the performance aspect but Stasis is more about performance; when I came up to their site last year, before their move to VA, we tried a few things but could not come up with a solution to my problem without sacraficing HP so we ended up leaving it as is since the whole idea of my purchase was originally for the added HP/torque.

I'm now at a point that I don't care too much for the sound and will begin experimenting but that's a bit off topic here.
Thanks, that's pretty helpful. I've people mention the drone at highway speeds but maybe as you say, it's not an issue on the 2.0 system. Thanks again and good luck with the car! You have any pictures of you exhaust?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://home.comcast.net/~a5afterb5

Just go to the journal and scroll down.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A5AFTERB5

I have the same exhaust on my 3.2 and the exact same result. Cabin drone between 2k and 3k RPM's. You do get used to it though and i actually don't really mind it. Reminds me that my exhaust is present and accounted for...

Very happy with the quality of the Stasis end product though and their customer service. They actually initially shipped me two passenger side mufflers and no driver side one. After sending a couple pictures in to their tech. support email address they had me up and running with the muffler i was missing in no time. Very understanding and apologetic.

Definitely recommend Stasis, especially for your 2.0T