Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Stasis Exhaust Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if I were to order a 2011 s5 will it really take three months to be shipped to the dealer or can they just find one in another state or have the interior changed at the dealer if the exterior was the color I want?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jaymacc077
So if I were to order a 2011 s5 will it really take three months to be shipped to the dealer or can they just find one in another state or have the interior changed at the dealer if the exterior was the color I want?
For custom orders, the turn time seems to be 8-12 weeks. I don't think dealers will be able to change out the interior for cars that have already arrived, at least without significant labor and parts costs (it's not just the seats, but also the inlays and door inserts).

Now, if you can find a 2011 that matches what you like sitting at a lot of a dealer somewhere, you can either contact them directly or work with your local dealer to have that car shipped to you. One thing to keep in mind is that it might be slim pickings the first couple of months once they do arrive on this side of the pond.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

So your saying It looks like the Fj's color. Don't know if I will like that then. But I have a friend with a manual car and when I drive it is fun but I don't feel like its an everyday thing. Plus he tells me that he is so use to driving a manual that when he drives and automatic he brakes with his left foot. I don't want that to be me.
No, it doesn't look exactly like the FJ's color, but it's within the same range. The FJ and 3's paint are flat and darker than the Sprint Blue's paint. Sprint Blue has a lot more depth and sparkle, and therefore in a league of it's own. I guess I didn't quite type what I was really thinking (happens quite a bit ).

At one point, I was thinking about a Mazdaspeed 3 in their blue, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the blue paint Audi used on their RS4s.

Even though my commute isn't too bad, I think I'll sacrafice my left leg and knee to clutch duty during the week and have fun on the weekends.

I'm not saying that I'll probably curse myself after a couple of months or that the Tiptronic is a bad transmission... but I wanted a change and a challenge. Now, if the 2011 MY had the S-tronic, I would most likely gotten it instead.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by questionlp
No, it doesn't look exactly like the FJ's color, but it's within the same range. The FJ and 3's paint are flat and darker than the Sprint Blue's paint. Sprint Blue has a lot more depth and sparkle, and therefore in a league of it's own. I guess I didn't quite type what I was really thinking (happens quite a bit ).

At one point, I was thinking about a Mazdaspeed 3 in their blue, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the blue paint Audi used on their RS4s.

Even though my commute isn't too bad, I think I'll sacrafice my left leg and knee to clutch duty during the week and have fun on the weekends.

I'm not saying that I'll probably curse myself after a couple of months or that the Tiptronic is a bad transmission... but I wanted a change and a challenge. Now, if the 2011 MY had the S-tronic, I would most likely gotten it instead.
Ok thanks for the dealer info I trust and believe your answers. But what do you mean "if the 2011 had the s-tronic"? And stasis seems to be what everyone is using for performance upgrades. It must be good. I was looking at mtm products before there are really expensive too.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

wait nvm thats the dual clutch thats on the rs5 correct?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

wait nvm thats the dual clutch thats on the rs5 correct?
I think the S-Tronic in the RS5 is slightly different than the one in the S4 and the S5 cabriolet, but yes, the dual-clutch transmission.

Sure, I could have gotten an S4 or an S5 cabriolet, but I prefer a coupe over a cab or sedan.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

And stasis seems to be what everyone is using for performance upgrades. It must be good. I was looking at mtm products before there are really expensive too.
For me, I'm opting for Stasis for a couple of reasons. The first one is my local dealer is an authorized installer and second is the warranty. Choosing a different exhaust would require me to either go out of state for an authorized installer or find a place that will install it for me.

It also doesn't hurt that I like the way the exhaust tips poke out of the rear
Old 07-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by questionlp
For me, I'm opting for Stasis for a couple of reasons. The first one is my local dealer is an authorized installer and second is the warranty. Choosing a different exhaust would require me to either go out of state for an authorized installer or find a place that will install it for me.

It also doesn't hurt that I like the way the exhaust tips poke out of the rear
Yeah that makes perfect since. But I like the way the mtm wheels look on the car. I know the have an mtm shop down in florida. Do you see a lot of a5/s5 Audi's where your from. You don't see very many here and thats one of the reasons I like the car.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah that makes perfect since. But I like the way the mtm wheels look on the car. I know the have an mtm shop down in florida. Do you see a lot of a5/s5 Audi's where your from. You don't see very many here and thats one of the reasons I like the car.
I've been "window shopping" wheels and I think I'll stick with my five dual-spoke wheels for a while. I like how they look and, for now, would rather spend money on opening up a couple more horses and open up the sound of the V8.

I've seen about 8-10 different A5 or S5 coupes (two of those are S5s) while I think I've only seen 2-3 cabriolets. It's kind of funny that I've only seen one 2010 S4 so far, while I've seen 5-6 different R8s. I know, the S4 hasn't been out for as long as the A5, S5 or R8 coupes.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thats exactly how I will be. I'll leave shifting gears manually to my motorcycle
haha thats a good plan
however the car is beautiful and you will enjoy it in ways u cannot imagine

Quick Reply: Stasis Exhaust Installed!!