Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Stasis Exhaust Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bader.Abbas
haha thats a good plan
however the car is beautiful and you will enjoy it in ways u cannot imagine
Yes I know. I sat in the 2010 a5 and messed around with the mmi system. I'm pretty much sold on the car and every time I find myself just staring at its beauty. I know the m3 is around the same price but the s5 looks better in every way.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jaymacc077
Yes I know. I sat in the 2010 a5 and messed around with the mmi system. I'm pretty much sold on the car and every time I find myself just staring at its beauty. I know the m3 is around the same price but the s5 looks better in every way.
actually the m3 is a good amount more expensive, but I do agree the s5 is much better in looks and interior.
If you want to do burnouts there is the m3, for everything else there is the s5.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by questionlp
I've been "window shopping" wheels and I think I'll stick with my five dual-spoke wheels for a while. I like how they look and, for now, would rather spend money on opening up a couple more horses and open up the sound of the V8.

I've seen about 8-10 different A5 or S5 coupes (two of those are S5s) while I think I've only seen 2-3 cabriolets. It's kind of funny that I've only seen one 2010 S4 so far, while I've seen 5-6 different R8s. I know, the S4 hasn't been out for as long as the A5, S5 or R8 coupes.
Yeah thats a nice option over the original. Do you know if the piano black inlays is an option on the s5? And did you go ahead and get the drive select, side assist, and b&o?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah thats a nice option over the original. Do you know if the piano black inlays is an option on the s5? And did you go ahead and get the drive select, side assist, and b&o?
No Piano Black inlays for the S5, but you do get a Piano Black center console inlay if you opt for the Stainless Steel inlays.

I only opted for the Sports Rear Differential (which basically is a subset of ADS) while B&O is included in the Prestige package that I got. For 2011 MY, Audi finally included the rear backup camera with Prestige, but I didn't get the Side Assist or the upgraded cruise control.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No Piano Black inlays for the S5, but you do get a Piano Black center console inlay if you opt for the Stainless Steel inlays.

I only opted for the Sports Rear Differential (which basically is a subset of ADS) while B&O is included in the Prestige package that I got. For 2011 MY, Audi finally included the rear backup camera with Prestige, but I didn't get the Side Assist or the upgraded cruise control.
Yeah I was thinking about doing everything but the upgraded cruise control since I RARELY use it. The piano black looks great to me on the center console!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah I was thinking about doing everything but the upgraded cruise control since I RARELY use it. The piano black looks great to me on the center console!
While I like Piano Black for the center console (even if I would be worried about it being a fingerprint magnet, though that's probably not the real case), I do not like the look of Stainless Steel or Aluminum inlays. So that left the Carbon Atlas inlays, which is close enough to Piano Black for me.

...and for an S5, no way would I go with wood inlays. Almost seems wrong to me
Old 07-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

While I like Piano Black for the center console (even if I would be worried about it being a fingerprint magnet, though that's probably not the real case), I do not like the look of Stainless Steel or Aluminum inlays. So that left the Carbon Atlas inlays, which is close enough to Piano Black for me.

...and for an S5, no way would I go with wood inlays. Almost seems wrong to me
Yes I totally agree with both points!