Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

STASIS warranty coverage not supported by my Audi dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STASIS warranty coverage not supported by my Audi dealer?

Ok, there is an authorized STASIS installer (not Audi) very near me; however, my Audi dealer (Sewell Audi North Houston) has informed informed me they don't support STASIS and are NOT an installer...therefore, they will not handle any warranty issues they think are associated with the STASIS software.

Has anyone run into this issue?

Will the authorized installer take care of any associated issues?

The only reason I was considering STASIS is because it was Audi dealer supported.

Thanks for the help!
-Mike
Old 03-28-2012, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
Ok, there is an authorized STASIS installer (not Audi) very near me; however, my Audi dealer (Sewell Audi North Houston) has informed informed me they don't support STASIS and are NOT an installer...therefore, they will not handle any warranty issues they think are associated with the STASIS software.

Has anyone run into this issue?

Will the authorized installer take care of any associated issues?

The only reason I was considering STASIS is because it was Audi dealer supported.

Thanks for the help!
-Mike
I'll just leave this here.
http://stasisengineering.com/support...and-compliance
Old 03-28-2012, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi dealerships that install Stasis are in business with Stasis. Audi does not cover any damages from Stasis installed components, Stasis takes on the warranty coverage for affected components at that point. Stasis and Audi are not working together and are separate entities.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Audi dealerships that install Stasis are in business with Stasis. Audi does not cover any damages from Stasis installed components, Stasis takes on the warranty coverage for affected components at that point. Stasis and Audi are not working together and are separate entities.
I've been in direct contact with them - here's the email I received...great info (they sound like a great company).

"Thank you for contacting STaSIS, sorry to hear that Sewell Audi North Houston is not cooperating with you on this, but they are not an Authorized STaSIS dealer right now. We have been working with Momentum Audi & Audi West Houston to become STaSIS Authorized dealers so customers like you can go to a local dealership to have our products installed & serviced under our warranty guidelines.

Autodynamica is a certified stasis installation facility that does have the capabilities of upgrading your ECU with STaSIS software. The STaSIS warranty is valid through any Audi dealership that is willing to work with us on warrantable repairs if they come up, even if they are not a STaSIS Authorized Audi dealership. We prefer you return to your installing dealer for all associated warranty repairs, but it is not a requirement from STaSIS, we honor a factory matched OEM warranty if our products are purchased & installed through one of our authorized Audi dealerships.

Sewell may not want to participate in our warranty policy since they are not an authorized STaSIS dealer, or they may not be familiar with our policies and warranty coverage at this point? I would be happy to contact them for you if you have anyone in particular you work with there so I can bring them up to speed. If they decided to bring our program on board you would simply be able to have everything done through the dealership.

We have two Authorized Audi dealerships in Texas, one in Austin & one in Dallas currently, our goal this year is to open another dealer up in the Houston area."
Old 03-29-2012, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I've found my Stasis Regional Rep to be just as insightful and accomodating. No worries here.