Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all: I've been reading this and other threads for awhile now, it's time I joined the conversation. It's really good to see some of you who have been waiting a long time are starting to gets your cars. I just hope I don't have to drop my snows off to the dealer before I take delivery! FWIW, I took someones advice, and ordered a set of 225/50x17 Goodyear Ice grips and MSW wheels from TireRack. I had them delivered in Vermont, with shipping HST, and dollar exchange, paid less than $1300 CAD, dealer is asking over $2200! I also already have the RossTech VAG-Com cable, just need the ride! Here's my details as Ack requested at the start of the thread:

Order Date: September 9, 2011
Make: A5 Premium +, S-Line, B&O, Nav+Park
Color: Monsoon Grey
Market: Canada
Days Since Ordered: only 46 so far, nothing compared to you guys, but the supply issues apparently have been fixed
Last Updated: got an e-mail last week that they don't have any new info for me
Current Status: (Order Bank, Production week of mm/dd/yy, etc) don't know
Act/Est Delivery Date: Best they'll say is late November, like I said, I hope it comes before the snow does!

Again, glad to see you finally getting to enjoy your rides, hoping to join you soon!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fwd1955
Days Since Ordered: only 46 so far, nothing compared to you guys, but the supply issues apparently have been fixed
Act/Est Delivery Date: Best they'll say is late November, like I said, I hope it comes before the snow does!
Congrats on your order, and welcome to the thread! It would be great if you are able to get the car by late November. Typical wait times are about 90 days if there are no supply issues.

With you being in Canada, I believe the issues aren't the same as us here in the US. You guys actually get what I feel are the nicer rims (scissor type), but do not get the Titanium package.

Keep us updated!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

My dealer texted me an update that listed the car as "Port Stock", so at least the car is sitting in RI. The delivery date is still set as the week of Nov 7th, but my dealer thinks I should get it by the end of next week. 1.5 more weeks!!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
Congrats on the new car! I won't be surprised if I do the exact same thing when my car arrives - just give me the keys so I can drive!

Black on black with tints will look really hot. How dark do you plan on going?

I spoke to my salesman today and he didn't have any update other then saying the car was still in transit. He is going to check on the actual status tomorrow, and said that the delivery date is still showing the week of the 7th, but it could be sooner. This is ok though since I won't be able to pick the car up before next Wed. I have a feeling DFlyone will be getting his car before me.

NDdomer, I am really looking forward to those pics.
Well Ack i hope both our vehicles come in today ! Cant let NDdomer have all the fun
Old 10-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DFlyone
Well Ack i hope both our vehicles come in today ! Cant let NDdomer have all the fun
Haha. I do feel a little guilty when I'm out enjoying my ride knowing that my fellow Audi brothers are still waiting for theirs...but it will all come together soon.

fwd1955...welcome and congrats on your order. Hopefully, you wont have to wait as long as the rest of us.

Hey Ack, I just may take you up on that offer. I appreciate it.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by fwd1955
Hello all: I've been reading this and other threads for awhile now, it's time I joined the conversation. It's really good to see some of you who have been waiting a long time are starting to gets your cars. I just hope I don't have to drop my snows off to the dealer before I take delivery! FWIW, I took someones advice, and ordered a set of 225/50x17 Goodyear Ice grips and MSW wheels from TireRack. I had them delivered in Vermont, with shipping HST, and dollar exchange, paid less than $1300 CAD, dealer is asking over $2200! I also already have the RossTech VAG-Com cable, just need the ride! Here's my details as Ack requested at the start of the thread:

Again, glad to see you finally getting to enjoy your rides, hoping to join you soon!
I just dropped by my dealer on my way home from work, my car was built last week and is scheduled to land in Halifax next Tuesday, I should have it by the end of the following week! I should also mention that this will be my first Audi, I've been driving Hondas for over 30 years. My current ride is a Green 1999 Acura TL, full body kit, optional alloys, 240k km. I've had it since new, love it, but am bored with it and needed a change. First requirement for a new vehicle was AWD, and Honda didn't have anything I like the look of, the current TL was hit with a monster ugly stick. It reminds me of the truck pulling the amusement park ride in the movie 'Maximum Overdrive'! Anyhow, I'll have it tinted (50/35, unless someone has another suggestion, that's what's on the TL) and clear shielded before delivery, and will get photos up ASAP.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats fwd1955! That is an extremely quick turnaround time from order to production.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

NDdomer, I've already gone on a bit of shopping spree for some mods:

LED interior lights

Rennline Pedal Set

Hypershift Short Shifter

Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads (Front and Rear)

oCarbon Carbon Fiber Interior Trim

I will be purchasing H&R front and rear sway bars, B&B exhaust and the Stasis chip in the spring. Rims will also be on the list eventually.

Where are you going for your STaSIS tune? The closest authorized dealer to me is either in Ohio (125 miles) or Toronto (100 miles).

Last edited by Ack_; 10-27-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
NDdomer, I've already gone on a bit of shopping spree for some mods:

Where are you going for your STaSIS tune? The closest authorized dealer to me is either in Ohio (125 miles) or Toronto (100 miles).
Wow...I'm feeling left behind!!! You got some nice toys there. Where did you get the carbon fiber parts. I'm looking to get the piano black if I can. I haven't driven too much yet (its snowing today_already) but I already don't like the stainless interior. I wish they kept the black with the titanium package.

As far as the STaSIS goes, there is a dealer in West Hartford, CT that does it. Its about 100 miles from here. I think I'll go there in the spring to get it done.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NDdomer
Where did you get the carbon fiber parts.
ooops...found it already

Quick Reply: Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders