Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uroplatus
DFlyone, your S5 looks very nice.
Does it have the "aluminum optics" package?
Yes it does and it turned out to be quite a nice touch
Old 11-05-2011, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DFlyone
where did you put your LED lights
I purchased an interior LED light kit from here for $80. The kit replaces all of the interior lights, the lights that are in the bottom of the doors, trunk, and license plate. They are a night and day difference from the stock yellow bulbs, with a brilliant white light.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NDdomer
Ack and DFlyone. The cars look great!! I'm interested in your impressions.

Ack, what adjustments did you make with the VAG-COM?
Thanks!!

So far I have adjusted the LED DRL's to stay on while the turn signals are engaged. There are actually two setting, one that keeps them on full brightness all the time, and the other dims them when turning (but the parking lights stay on 24/7). I went with the dimming to start with.

I turned on the emergency braking lights, which basically flashes your taillights very rapidly during an emergency stop to warn drivers that you are braking hard.

This last one I'm not sure if it was already enabled in the MMI, so if you could check to see if it is available on your car, I'd appreciate it. I enabled the setting to have the windows roll up/down and the sunroof open/close by pressing the unlock/lock button on the remote.

I'm going to go through the list of other mods today and see what else to try. I want to shut off the passenger airbag off lamp on the dash.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well lets see there are a few things i noticed

Almost forgot the head lights fogged up for a while today im gone have to check that the caps are on tight
I have the same issue with my headlights being fogged up. I'm hoping once it burns off, that will be it.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yeah i hope you are right about that and i do have a clip on the seat belt guess i just over looked it
Old 11-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
Thanks!!

So far I have adjusted the LED DRL's to stay on while the turn signals are engaged. There are actually two setting, one that keeps them on full brightness all the time, and the other dims them when turning (but the parking lights stay on 24/7). I went with the dimming to start with.

I turned on the emergency braking lights, which basically flashes your taillights very rapidly during an emergency stop to warn drivers that you are braking hard.

This last one I'm not sure if it was already enabled in the MMI, so if you could check to see if it is available on your car, I'd appreciate it. I enabled the setting to have the windows roll up/down and the sunroof open/close by pressing the unlock/lock button on the remote.

I'm going to go through the list of other mods today and see what else to try. I want to shut off the passenger airbag off lamp on the dash.
cool im getting those interior lights, thanks for that tip. i would be glad to check that window and sunroof setting for you but i have to wait a couple days cause i just got back from the tint shop and cant lower them for two days. the tint just set off what was already a cool look !
Old 11-05-2011, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

cool im getting those interior lights, thanks for that tip. i would be glad to check that window and sunroof setting for you but i have to wait a couple days cause i just got back from the tint shop and cant lower them for two days. the tint just set off what was already a cool look !
You're welcome!

There is nothing like a hot tinted car. I want to tint mine really badly, but I have had bad luck with the bimmer and my tints. The cops here are extremely strict; I've already been ticketed recently.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uroplatus
Ack, Your car looks great. And those wheels are definitely keepers. When I got mine, I knew I made the right decision to stay with them. I had even gotten a winter set in a matching style (but smaller size).
Thanks Uroplatus! I saw your post with the pics of your winter setup, very nice. Where did you end up purchasing them, and what was the cost?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Uroplatus! I saw your post with the pics of your winter setup, very nice. Where did you end up purchasing them, and what was the cost?
I got them from OEMWheelsPlus, for $620 including shipping. They came with center caps, which are fairly good replicas of Audi center caps, but the Audi rings part of the center caps were stick-ons, and I'm guessing that they won't last through a winter or two, so I got some real Audi center caps (part number: 4B0 601 170A, which is a common center cap) for roughly $40 (for four of them) on ebay. I was able to try one of the real Audi center caps that I already had, and they fit perfectly, so obviously these OEMWheelPlus wheels were designed with that in mind, and it made it easy to know which ones to order.

The wheels are 18x8, ET35. The winter tires (Dunlop 3D, size 245/40-18) came from TireRack.
I have not put the winter wheels on the car yet, but I plan to test mount a couple of them shortly. If the offset isn't quite right, then I'll get spacers and longer lug bolts. I'm hoping they look okay without having to go with spacers. Here is another pic, so everyone knows what we're talking about.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hwy Ack, i just ordered that interior led kit

Quick Reply: Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders