Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're going to love it!

Quick tip: The overhead map lights has a T-25 torx screw hidden when you open the sunglass holder. After removing it, place both thumbs on the inside of the holder while pulling down and then away from you.

The actual dome lights can be accessed by inserting a pry tool or flat-head screwdriver in the cutaway tab on either side of the light cover. Same goes for the map lights in the rear seat, but the slot for the screwdriver is on the left and right side of the map lights. Twist the screwdriver and the cover will pop off.

Let me know if you need any other help with the install.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
This last one I'm not sure if it was already enabled in the MMI, so if you could check to see if it is available on your car, I'd appreciate it. I enabled the setting to have the windows roll up/down and the sunroof open/close by pressing the unlock/lock button on the remote.
I tried to roll the windows up with the remote but had no luck. From everything I've been reading, the only way to do it is by changing the settings with the VAG-COM.

I'm embarrased to say, but I've been so busy that I've only burned through a half tank of gas so far. So sad.....
Old 11-08-2011, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NDdomer
I tried to roll the windows up with the remote but had no luck. From everything I've been reading, the only way to do it is by changing the settings with the VAG-COM.

I'm embarrased to say, but I've been so busy that I've only burned through a half tank of gas so far. So sad.....
Thanks for the heads up!

Lol, I've already burned through a half of tank, and I've only had the car a few days. 240 miles on the car already.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You're going to love it!

Quick tip: The overhead map lights has a T-25 torx screw hidden when you open the sunglass holder. After removing it, place both thumbs on the inside of the holder while pulling down and then away from you.

The actual dome lights can be accessed by inserting a pry tool or flat-head screwdriver in the cutaway tab on either side of the light cover. Same goes for the map lights in the rear seat, but the slot for the screwdriver is on the left and right side of the map lights. Twist the screwdriver and the cover will pop off.

Let me know if you need any other help with the install.
those are some real good tips Ack, i know im gone appreciate them when my lights come in. Thanks ! I just filled up this morning from empty, only 47.00 im having plenty of fun
Old 11-12-2011, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My car arrived at the dealer yesterday afternoon, he sent it out right away to be tinted and clear shielded. I should be able to pick it up Tuesday. I dropped by the tint shop this morning to check it out, WOW! Here are a few photos, keep it mind it hasn't been cleaned or prepped yet, and it's pretty overcast here today. I already have the interior LED light kit, that will be one of next weekends projects, thanks for posting the DIY Ack. If you have any VAG-Com suggestions, and where to find the codes, I'd appreciate the pointers.
Attached Images      
Old 11-12-2011, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How much did you have clear shielded? How does it look?

Great looking car, congratulations.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It's not done yet, but bumper, mirrors, and leading edges of hood and fenders will be done. You can see a reflection of a power line across the hood, I think it goes to about there. I'll post more pics once I pick it up.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the heads up!
Lol,
I've already burned through a half of tank, and I've only had the car a few days. 240 miles on the car already.
hey

Ack thanks again for those LED light tips would have been a real trip had you not told me about that torx screw under the sun glass holder. what a big difference these lights make !! one tip for whoever else is about to switch out their interior lights, the front overhead dome lights require a pair of needle nose pliers held on one end of the current light, push it in then pull it out, that will save you a few curse words.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fwd1955
It's not done yet, but bumper, mirrors, and leading edges of hood and fenders will be done. You can see a reflection of a power line across the hood, I think it goes to about there. I'll post more pics once I pick it up.
your ride is lookin real nice there fwd1955, (see my earlier post about the interior LED's

S5 2012 fully loaded
Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, I picked up my S5 Cab on October 31. Full two weeks early according to what we were told by Audi. (Not the dealer) I ordered it a little weird with the US front bumper, no NAV and with fancy diff electronics. Moonlight with Black Pearl interior. Optional seats. Automatic.

So far I love it. Drive it mostly in comfort mode but have let loose in it in dynamic mode. Holy crap this thing is good but the diff is noisy and jerky in dynamic mode. I hope it breaks in and gets better. The cornering at aggressive speeds if great and I have not noticed any cowl shake at all. Think I'm really going to enjoy this one. The A4 was getting on my nerves due to the turbo lag. No lag now!

Can't wait until spring so I can try it out on the Tail of the Dragon and US28. As of now it has 258 miles on it since I still have the A4 to drive around. Its going to its new owner on Friday though. Gonna miss it, its been a really good car. Not one problem at all in 30000 miles. Well, I did have a flat, and I did break the corner off of one tail light with a suit case and had to replace it, but thats it.

Happy motoring all!

Quick Reply: Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders