Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NDdomer
Ack....glad to see you got your production week. Since I'm in Albany, it looks like our cars will be coming over at the same time. The dealer told me the car will be coming into Staten Island.

It doesn't matter to me, as long as it gets here before the snow flies.
Thanks NDdomer!

I ordered mine back in June so I would have some time to enjoy the nice weather. . . Oh well, I'll just be really happy once it finally arrives.

Have you decided on which snow tires you're going to get? I'm thinking about ordering them soon so I have them before the car arrives, just in case it does snow when I go to pick the car up.

Last edited by Ack_; 09-10-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Btw, the sales manager confirmed that any S-Line car produced two weeks from now (production week 9/26) will come with the backup camera and the chip from the factory. This means we won't need to go back to the dealership in early 2012 to have them installed.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thats good news about the back-up camera because I wasn't looking forward to bringing it back in for that. One less thing to worry about.

I'm glad you brought up the snow tires. Since I've been thinking so much about when the car will come in, I almost forgot that I'll need to get the tires. I'm going to do some research this week to see whats best. Initially, I was thinking about getting 18" wheels with some good all seasons. I don't plan on driving it too much if I don't have to during the winter. Have you given any thought to it?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've already picked out the tire & rim package on Tirerack. I'm going with 17" rims and 225/50's Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 all around.

I was looking at 18's but the 245 width kept me from selecting them. You want skinnier tires in the winter to cut through the snow, and the 245's just seem too wide for this. If I went with 18's I would've gone with the Blizzak WS60.

I've had Blizzak's on the BMW and they handled Buffalo winters really well. These tires are more geared toward deep snow traction and are not the high performance winter tires. I drive all of 11 miles into work on straight flat roads, so it made no sense to get performance tires. Their deep snow traction is also somewhat limited.

The total price for the 17's shipped to my door will be $1,196, and the tires come with a $50 gift card. The 18's would have been $1,430 shipped.

What tires are you looking at getting?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That make sense about using the more narrow tires. I'll have to take a look on Tire Rack at the Blizzaks with some decent 17" rims.

I have a small dilemma because I am fortunate that this car will not be a daily driver. I have a great winter car already and will use that most of the time. The Audi will be lucky to see the light of day during the winter and will probably only come out in the best conditions.

I originally planned on keeping it in the garage for the winter, but I know I'll want to drive it as much as possible.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NDdomer
I have a small dilemma because I am fortunate that this car will not be a daily driver. I have a great winter car already and will use that most of the time. The Audi will be lucky to see the light of day during the winter and will probably only come out in the best conditions.
You and I are in similar situations, except for the fact that the Audi will be my daily driver and the BMW will continue to be my weekend/summer vehicle.

I've had my BMW since new in May '02 and it has been garaged every winter except the 1st year. It has about 61k miles on it and still is in near showroom condition. I do all of the maintenance on the car myself, and once the warranty is out on the Audi, I plan on doing the same. I just can't see myself ever driving the Bimmer through the winters up here. The AWD on the Audi should make the winters much easier to deal with.

Keep us up to date on the car. I will be looking forward to pics once you get it.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Ack,
update: My dealer just told me that my car left the factory today (9/12/2011) and gave me the VIN. So it looks like everything is on schedule, and I should have the car by mid-October.
I've never seen the color (that I ordered) in person, so its a leap of faith in ordering. One of our Audi brothers in the Netherlands said the color looks great. I hope it looks good to me. I'll post pics when I get it.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Uroplatus - congrats on the news. Can't wait to see the pics.

Ack...I almost gave up on the A5 because the wait was too long. I took out a Challenger SRT8 with the 392 Hemi and came very close to ordering one. The car was fast and fun to drive, but I always came back to the Audi. I know it doesn't have the same power, but I hope the driving experience makes up for it. Plus, I like the lines of the car and the S line options. I plan on keeping the car for about 4 years before I trade up to the S5.

Good luck with the waiting...I'm interested to see the different colors and look forward to all of the pics.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

ACK we gotta meet up once u get the whip! I decided to wait for the 2013 and keep my Lexus with no car payments a little while longer. What color did u get again?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uroplatus
Hey Ack,
update: My dealer just told me that my car left the factory today (9/12/2011) and gave me the VIN. So it looks like everything is on schedule, and I should have the car by mid-October.
I've never seen the color (that I ordered) in person, so its a leap of faith in ordering. One of our Audi brothers in the Netherlands said the color looks great. I hope it looks good to me. I'll post pics when I get it.
That's great news uroplatus, congrats! I'm looking forward to those pics.

Quick Reply: Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders