Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NDdomer
Ack...I almost gave up on the A5 because the wait was too long. I took out a Challenger SRT8 with the 392 Hemi and came very close to ordering one. The car was fast and fun to drive, but I always came back to the Audi. I know it doesn't have the same power, but I hope the driving experience makes up for it. Plus, I like the lines of the car and the S line options. I plan on keeping the car for about 4 years before I trade up to the S5.

Good luck with the waiting...I'm interested to see the different colors and look forward to all of the pics.
I almost cancelled my order also due to the wait, and lack of information from my dealership.

I'm sure you will be happy with your decision to get the A5. I also plan on keeping this car at least 4-5 years and then trading in/up.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SlickRSM
ACK we gotta meet up once u get the whip! I decided to wait for the 2013 and keep my Lexus with no car payments a little while longer. What color did u get again?
I was wondering what you decided to do with your Lexus. The '13's will be really nice with the upgraded interior bits, 4th Gen MMI and the refreshed front end. I'll be really interested in seeing your car once you get it.

As for meeting up, that sounds great. Hopefully it won't be snowing when I get the car. I want to start modding but I will probably just wait until spring.

I am getting Ice Silver, which should be very similar to the Titanium Silver of my 330.

Last edited by Ack_; 09-13-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Even though my car has yet to be built, I have gone ahead and ordered winter items for it.

I just received my winter rims/tires from Tirerack yesterday. They are Bridgestone Blizzak WS70's on 225/50 R17's Moda MD12 rims. Total package shipped was under $1,200 and I will also be receiving a $50 refund on the tire purchase.

I find it amusing that Tirerack actually puts a sticker on the tires now for unidirectional tires. There is also a big fat arrow that tells you which way the rotation should be, but I guess people must have still screwed this up.

My WeatherTech mats also came today for the front and the rear.

Last edited by Ack_; 09-22-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got an update from my dealer today:

Order Date: 6/20/11
Make: A5
Color: Ice Silver Metallic
Market: US
Days Since Ordered: 109
Last Updated: 10/6/11
Current Status: In transit from factory
Act/Est Delivery Date: Week of 11/7

My dealer was also able to provide me with the vin #.

Anyone else with updates?
Old 10-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default S5 order

order date 08/06/2011
moonlight blue metalic
prestige package
S5
posibly on ship now
scheduled to arrive at Brunswick GA. on 10/17/2011
and at dealership near end of October
no special discounts
last updated 10/05/2011 was told its either at Emden port or on the ship (Nippon Highway) i don't understand how they are not certain but have all of these possibilities
Old 10-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
Hey guys, I know that there are quite a few of us waiting on our '12 S-Line packages. I was hoping to have a common thread to track each person's order status.

This should help people to see if Audi starts pushing orders up, and whether certain order weeks are being filled faster than others. I believe someone here recently took delivery of their car who had an order date of 5/6/11.

If you currently have an S-Line order placed, or recently took delivery, please post the following information:

Order Date:
Make: (A4, A5, etc)
Color: (also list if it is a custom paint)
Market: (US, Canada, etc)
Days Since Ordered: (only if you are still waiting on your car)
Last Updated: (last time you got a status update from your dealer)
Current Status: (Order Bank, Production week of mm/dd/yy, etc)
Act/Est Delivery Date:

Also post whether or not Audi has given you any special discounts for your wait.
Order date 08/06/2011
S5
Moonlight Blue Metalic
US
60 Days since ordered
last updated on 10/06/2011
i was told its either at the Emden port or on the ship
delivery anywhere from end of October to second week of November ?
how can they be so varied with what should be exact information ?
i do know that a ship (Nippon Highway) left Emden Germany on 10/05/2011 scheduled to arrive at Brunswick GA. on 10/17/2011 hopin to be on that one
Old 10-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
I got an update from my dealer today:

Order Date: 6/20/11
Color: Ice Silver Metallic
Days Since Ordered: 109
Last Updated: 10/6/11
Current Status: In transit from factory
Act/Est Delivery Date: Week of 11/7

My dealer was also able to provide me with the vin #.

Anyone else with updates?

That's cool. I am definitely calling my dealer tomorrow. My last update said my car was supposed to get put on the ship this week, so I hope it is.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uroplatus
Order Date: 4/23/2011, but ordered cancelled by dealer due to errors in trying to order special color; re-ordered 5/18/2011
Color: Amethyst Gray
Days Since Ordered: 139
Last Updated: 8/13/2011
Current Status: Production Week 36 (9/5/2011)
Estimated Delivery Date: the week of 10/17/2011

No special discounts for the wait, but my dealer gave me a loaner car, since it was part of my sales contract that if my special order car did not arrive by the 4-month point, then I'd get a loaner car.
UPDATE:
My dealer gave me a VIN shortly after the car was built in early September.
The car arrived at port (Brunswick GA) on October 4th or 5th. I think the ship's name was Camellia Ace.
My dealer confirmed that the car is in port and is scheduled to arrive at my dealer during the week of 10/17/2011.

Last edited by uroplatus; 10-08-2011 at 04:29 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 10-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NDdomer
OK, my dealer faxed me a screen print of the vehicle order system. Here it is:

Order Date: 6/11/2011
Make: A5 S-Line
Color: Brilliant Black
Days since ordered: 89
Last updated: 9/7/2011
Current status: Production week of 9/26/2011 (actual)
Est Delivery Date: 11/7/2011 (the port arrival date is 10/27/2011 and my dealer said they are meeting the car there and driving it to me so I can get it quicker)

I haven't asked for an extra discount yet, but that's coming. Not sure I'll get it, but it's worth a try.

I went to my dealer today to ask for a status update. The good news is that I now have a VIN and my car is on the ship as we speak.

On another note, the dealer had a Ibis White A5 S-Line that just came in. It was a customer order but they changed their mind before the car arrived. Anyway, I sat in it for a while and played around. Now I really can't wait for mine to come in. If anyone is looking for one....it wont be there long.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uroplatus
UPDATE:
My dealer gave me a VIN shortly after the car was built in early September.
The car arrived at port (Brunswick GA) on October 4th or 5th. I think the ship's name was Camellia Ace.
My dealer confirmed that the car is in port and is scheduled to arrive at my dealer during the week of 10/17/2011.
Good to hear this news Uroplatus! I'm sure that you must be getting excited. Please post some pics after you take delivery.

Quick Reply: Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders