Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NDdomer
I went to my dealer today to ask for a status update. The good news is that I now have a VIN and my car is on the ship as we speak.
Wow, that is great news NDdomer! Looks like we are most likely on the same ship heading to the US. My dealer didn't give me any specifics about the name of the ship, but only one more month to go. The wait is almost over.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
Wow, that is great news NDdomer! Looks like we are most likely on the same ship heading to the US. My dealer didn't give me any specifics about the name of the ship, but only one more month to go. The wait is almost over.
Yeah, it's been a long wait, but I felt much better about sitting in the one on the lot. I sure the salesman was geting annoyed with all of my questions and obvious excitement, but that's OK...I was having fun.

He told me it will be here in 10 days, but I wasn't too sure about that. The paperwork said it'll be here on the 27th.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NDdomer
Yeah, it's been a long wait, but I felt much better about sitting in the one on the lot. I sure the salesman was geting annoyed with all of my questions and obvious excitement, but that's OK...I was having fun.

He told me it will be here in 10 days, but I wasn't too sure about that. The paperwork said it'll be here on the 27th.
That is too funny, my dealer has a Premium A5 on their lot when I went last month to check on the status, and I sat and played around in the car for about 30 minutes. I have yet to even take one out on the road. I've never seen the S-Line in person, but I'm sure I am going to love it.

So does it arrive in port in 10 days? I hope your paperwork is right. It does seems pretty quick, usually it can take up to 4 weeks from production to port.

I'll be happy as long as our cars get here before the first real snowstorm.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ack...From the way the salesman was talking, it sounded like I'd be driving it in 10 days. In fact, he said he wouldn't be surprised if it was sooner than that. I don't want to get my hopes up, so I'm sticking with the original plan of picking it up at the end of the month.

The car I was sitting in was the first S-line I'd seen in person that had the Titanium package and the 6 sped manual. It looked awesome in person, you'll love it. I wanted to take it for a ride, but I felt like I had annoyed him enough by asking a million questions about STaSIS exhaust and tuning, the options, etc. He did say that I should apply a good wax to the wheels when I first get it to make it easier to clean the brake dust off later. ???
Old 10-08-2011, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

NDdomer, I hope it is only 10 days for you.

The wheel wax is not a bad idea, but I would rather swap out the OEM pads for some ceramic low dust ones. I did that with my Bimmer and I barely ever need to wipe the rims down.

Where are you thinking about getting your tuning done, and are you just looking at STaSIS?

I'm also looking into some mods for the car: sway bars, short shift kit, B&B exhaust, tuning, rims, carbon fiber interior, etc. I'm going to have to wait until next spring/summer to do all of these things though.

The car can't get here soon enough!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
NDdomer, I hope it is only 10 days for you.

Where are you thinking about getting your tuning done, and are you just looking at STaSIS?

I'm also looking into some mods for the car: sway bars, short shift kit, B&B exhaust, tuning, rims, carbon fiber interior, etc. I'm going to have to wait until next spring/summer to do all of these things though.

The car can't get here soon enough!
Well, I couldn't resist...since my dealer had the A5 sline similar to the one I ordered, I decided to go back an take it out for a ride. It was awesome. The car had some pep to it and shifter smoothly. Also, they seemed to havefixed the backup camera problem because the one in that car was working fine.

As far as mods go, I'm diving right to the window tinter. I'm looking to get a 20-30% tint. It'll look good with the black car. Next, I'd like to get the STaSIS tuning done (about $1,300). Unfortunatly, the closest dealer is about 100 miles away, so I'll have to made arrangements with them. I'm not sure about the exhause yet because I don't like the droning of most systems out there. They sound pretty annoying to me, so I'll have to look around to see if there is anything good out there.

Thanks for the tip about the ceramic brakes; it sounds like a good idea. Lastly, I'd like to see if I can get the piano black interior inserts that the 2011 titaniums had. I like those better than the stainless look.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry about all the typos. I don't have editing authority....
Old 10-10-2011, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's good to hear about the backup camera. I'm happy knowing that our cars will not need to go back to the dealership in 2012 for the chip/camera.

Tint will look really great with a black car, especially with the titanium trim! I was originally looking at doing this myself, but the cops in the area have already ticketed me for the tints on the Bimmer.

I haven't heard the STaSIS exhaust to know if it drones or not. From the reviews concerning the B&B, it doesn't seem like it is an issue. Once you get an aftermarket exhaust, you'll never want a stock one again.

Piano Black trim will also be a nice upgrade. I've seen it in the S4 and it really changes the look of the interior.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Track our Car Info:

Below is the shipping schedule for Volkswagen AG:

Shipping Schedule

NDdomer, it looks like our cars are either going to be on the Horizon Leader, or the Sincerity Ace.

Horizon Leader loads up on 10/8, arrives in RI on 10/20.
Sincerity ACE loads up on 10/14, arrives in RI on 10/25.

We would need our "loaded on ship date" from the dealer to figure out which one we are on.

We can then track our ship:

Ship Tracker

Enter the ship name in the upper left corner in the "Go To Vessel" field and hit return.

Horizon Leader is still at the port of Emden, probably being loaded up.

Last edited by Ack_; 10-10-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was hoping mine was on the (Nippon Highway) Moonlight Blue Metallic Prestige Pkg. It left Emden 10/05/11 but has dropped off the tracking map the past four days, headed for Brunswick GA. Do you know if that is the likely delivery port for vehicles going to northern VA. ?

Quick Reply: Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders