Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish i could have got those alcantara seats but they were discontinued in the 2012 coupe
Old 10-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Nippon Highway docked in Brunswick GA. early this morning. sure hoping my new S5 is on this one. got my VIN # last week, does anyone know if the VIN is issued at the time the vehicle leaves the factory or when it gets to the delivery port ? i read the post earlier that said the VIN is submitted for customs clearance somewhere during the in transit from factory step but not sure if that is before or after it sets sail.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DFlyone
The Nippon Highway docked in Brunswick GA. early this morning. sure hoping my new S5 is on this one. got my VIN # last week, does anyone know if the VIN is issued at the time the vehicle leaves the factory or when it gets to the delivery port ? i read the post earlier that said the VIN is submitted for customs clearance somewhere during the in transit from factory step but not sure if that is before or after it sets sail.
I received my VIN at the same time my status was "In Transit from Factory", which was before the car set sail.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

...does anyone know if the VIN is issued at the time the vehicle leaves the factory or when it gets to the delivery port ? [/COLOR][/COLOR]
The VIN would have to be put on the car while the car is being built.

In terms of having the VIN relayed to the buyer, my dealer sent me the VIN for my car on the day the car "left the factory".

The car is supposed to arrive at my dealer this week, so we'll see if the VIN matches up to the one they gave me.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Niizzeee open cabin Audi car
Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

NDdomer, Looks like the Horizon Leader has docked in Halifax. This is within a day of the scheduled arrival. Looks like it will most likely dock in RI on Friday. Hopefully we will have our cars within 2 weeks!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
NDdomer, Looks like the Horizon Leader has docked in Halifax. This is within a day of the scheduled arrival. Looks like it will most likely dock in RI on Friday. Hopefully we will have our cars within 2 weeks!
Hopefully!! Thanks for the update. I just checked and saw that its headed toward RI as we speak. The weather is starting to turn, but I hope there are a few day of nice weather left for us to enjoy.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NDdomer
Hopefully!! Thanks for the update. I just checked and saw that its headed toward RI as we speak. The weather is starting to turn, but I hope there are a few day of nice weather left for us to enjoy.
well fellas i found out that my S5 is on the Olympian Highway and will be docking in GA on 10/24/11. i should be behind the wheel by 10/31/11 !! so i know how you feel
Old 10-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

well fellas i found out that my S5 is on the Olympian Highway and will be docking in GA on 10/24/11. i should be behind the wheel by 10/31/11 !! so i know how you feel
Sweet! Good feeling, right? I've actually been to the port in Brunswick. I couldn't believe how may cars are lines up there.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NDdomer
Sweet! Good feeling, right? I've actually been to the port in Brunswick. I couldn't believe how may cars are lines up there.
yeah i know i was viewing it on google earth and couldnt believe it

Quick Reply: Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders