Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DFlyone
yeah i know i was viewing it on google earth and couldnt believe it
i see you guys mentioned that you only have a little while left to enjoy your new 5's is it due to season change and plenty of snow where you are ?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats DFlyone!

Both NDdomer and myself are in NY, so we have maybe a few weeks left before the snows will need to go on the car. I'm in Buffalo, so it's actually much worse. With our luck, I'll have a few days after Halloween before the snow begins to fall . . . .
Old 10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
Congrats DFlyone!

Both NDdomer and myself are in NY, so we have maybe a few weeks left before the snows will need to go on the car. I'm in Buffalo, so it's actually much worse. With our luck, I'll have a few days after Halloween before the snow begins to fall . . . .
aw man that would not sit good with me after all this long waiting to get the car. i cant imagine going thru a Buffalo winter. we git about 27 inches at one time here in DC last year and it was crazy. i bet you guys were lol at us being such snow wimps
Old 10-20-2011, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

aw man that would not sit good with me after all this long waiting to get the car. i cant imagine going thru a Buffalo winter. we git about 27 inches at one time here in DC last year and it was crazy. i bet you guys were lol at us being such snow wimps
Tell me about it. I originally ordered my car back on June 20th so that I would have some time to enjoy the warmer temps. The delays with the S-Line package pushed everything back. The long wait is almost over.

I do remember when you guys got hammered, I think it was the same time as NYC. 27 inches at one time up here is normal, but that's only because we talk about snowfall in feet, not inches. They do an unbelievable job clearing the roads, so we still have to go to work even with 18+ inches of snowfall.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm in the Albany, NY area, and we definitely don't get as much snow as Buffalo. Last year was bad for us because we got several storms that brought 1 to 3 feet at a time. Ack is right about the road clearing. They do a great job of it which means that things (other than schools) rarely shut down.

I only plan on driving my 5 on the best of days during the winter. I'm lucky enought to have a few other cars to choose from, including a good SUV. I also ordered my car in June with the hopes of having some good driving weather for a while, but that didn't work out so well. I guess I'll take what I can get and enjoy it when I can.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Tell me about it. I originally ordered my car back on June 20th so that I would have some time to enjoy the warmer temps. The delays with the S-Line package pushed everything back. The long wait is almost over.

I do remember when you guys got hammered, I think it was the same time as NYC. 27 inches at one time up here is normal, but that's only because we talk about snowfall in feet, not inches. They do an unbelievable job clearing the roads, so we still have to go to work even with 18+ inches of snowfall.
thats funny cause everything shuts down here at the mention of snow. and im glad ive got an suv as well so i wont have to see my new 5 full of road dirt
Old 10-20-2011, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

thats funny cause everything shuts down here at the mention of snow. and im glad ive got an suv as well so i wont have to see my new 5 full of road dirt
You are lucky. My daily will be the 5, the bimmer is my summer car. Maybe I need a third vehicle, hmmm. . . .
Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You are lucky. My daily will be the 5, the bimmer is my summer car. Maybe I need a third vehicle, hmmm. . . .
One can never have too many toys.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NDdomer
One can never have too many toys.
true that
Old 10-21-2011, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Horizon Leader is now docked in Dansville, RI!

I'm going to call my dealer on Monday afternoon to confirm that my car was unloaded from this ship. NDdomer, let me know if you contact your dealership for confirmation.

Quick Reply: Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders