Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know you guys are on the edge of your seats now ! i was trying not to check anymore now that i know mine is arriving in the US of A on Monday but i couldnt resist
Old 10-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was all excited about my car being at the port and was planning on calling the dealer Monday to check the status. About noon today, I got a call from the dealer, and they said my car is on the lot!!!!! I almost fell out of my chair.

I am going to look at it tonight and will take it home tomorrow or Monday. Then it's off to get the windows tinted. I think I'm still in shock a little bit.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NDdomer
I was all excited about my car being at the port and was planning on calling the dealer Monday to check the status. About noon today, I got a call from the dealer, and they said my car is on the lot!!!!! I almost fell out of my chair.

I am going to look at it tonight and will take it home tomorrow or Monday. Then it's off to get the windows tinted. I think I'm still in shock a little bit.
well im sure happy for you ! get that camera ready
Old 10-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DFlyone
well im sure happy for you ! get that camera ready
i cant imagine what or who could stop you from taking it home tomorrow !!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DFlyone
i cant imagine what or who could stop you from taking it home tomorrow !!
I tried to change my schedule around so I could get it tomorrow, but I made plans that I can't change. It stinks, but Monday is only around the corner.

I went to the dealer tonight to check it out. The plastic was still on the seats, and there was cardboard everywhere inside, but it was really nice to finally sit in my own car. My sales person was on vacation this week, came back today and saw the car sitting in the lot. Apparently, it had come in earlier in the week. I wish I knew that because I'd be driving it right now.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

I went to the dealer tonight to check it out. The plastic was still on the seats, and there was cardboard everywhere inside, but it was really nice to finally sit in my own car. My sales person was on vacation this week, came back today and saw the car sitting in the lot. Apparently, it had come in earlier in the week. I wish I knew that because I'd be driving it right now.
Similar situation for me. My car came in to the dealer this week on Monday, and I didn't find out it was there until Tuesday evening. I went and saw it (plastic on the seats and all) in a very dark back parking lot, so I couldn't see much. They were closing, so no time to do anything.
I plan to get the car tomorrow (Saturday), which will end the 6-month wait. Hopefully all goes well.
I'll post pictures after I get it.

Last edited by uroplatus; 10-22-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by uroplatus
Hopefully all goes well tomorrow (Saturday), so that I can enjoy my purchase.
I'll post pictures after I get it.
I'm hoping to walk in with my check on Monday and drive out within the hour. I just want the wait to end.

Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be smooth and easy. Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

NDdomer, damn, I can't believe your car is already sitting at your dealership. You are seriously lucky! Congrats, I'm glad you'll be able to drive your car within a few days. Post up some pics and your first impressions of the car.

Uroplatus - congrats to you also! I also hope your pickup tomorrow goes smoothly. Looking forward to some pics.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
NDdomer, damn, I can't believe your car is already sitting at your dealership. You are seriously lucky! Congrats, I'm glad you'll be able to drive your car within a few days. Post up some pics and your first impressions of the car.
Thanks, Ack. I thought my car was on the same ship as yours, but it must have come in on another. At first, I thought the dealer was picking it up at the port, but when I sat in it today, it only had 7 miles on it. I must thank you for all the help you provided along the way. It made the process a lot easier to take. I hope yours somes in earlier than scheduled!

I'll get the pics up as soon as possible.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, Ack. I thought my car was on the same ship as yours, but it must have come in on another. At first, I thought the dealer was picking it up at the port, but when I sat in it today, it only had 7 miles on it. I must thank you for all the help you provided along the way. It made the process a lot easier to take. I hope yours somes in earlier than scheduled!

I'll get the pics up as soon as possible.
You're quite welcome! This wait has been way more bearable by tracking the progress of our vehicles.

Quick Reply: Status Thread for '12 S-Line Orders