Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Stupid Valets in LA!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Valets in LA!

So I've had my 2009 A5 for about a week...the boss says, after work today, "wanna go happy hour?". Sure, why not, it's been a long Monday...

As we all know, one of the joys of owning this car is the feeling you get when you get to pick up your extremely bad@ss car from the valet. We pull up to Roy's (Woodland Hills) and I calmly explain to the valet to go easy on 'er as she's brand new and recently washed.

Sure enough, 1 minute later, the guy is whipping around the parking lot, backing up at 10mph and bouncing off the curb...I definitely dropped some F'bombs on him and almost had to be asked to leave but, needless to say, I guess you can't trust ANYONE in LA...
Old 08-19-2008, 02:24 AM

I would of done the same thing ! good job !!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:40 AM

I would have punched him in the face
Old 08-19-2008, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default sorry, you get a rise getting your car back from a valet?

you might have to look into that. you give a 60k car to someone that makes maybe a third of that a year? That in itself makes little sense. I have lived in LA almost my entire life and I have never given my car to a valet. I don't know anyone else that cares about cars that has and I have a lot of friends that have nice cars. we all park and walk. yes, all of us are married or have SO's and they walk with us.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1
Old 08-19-2008, 08:06 AM
caf
AudiWorld Member

Default Never, ever valet park!

The stories I could tell...
Old 08-19-2008, 08:16 AM

Default I agree: NEVER valet -- anywhere!

Several years ago I worked on the Las Vegas Strip and I saw how valets "handled" the cars. As you can probably imagine, it was even worse behind the scenes than out front. I decided then to never, ever valet park again -- and I was even driving a 10+ year old car at that time. I don't let anyone drive my A5, except the service guys at the dealer, and even that makes me a bit nervous sometimes!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well.. you cant trust anyone, anywhere... with your brand new A5!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:59 AM

Same. +1. I just got mine (2009), and I can't fathom valet parking at this time.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Haven't you guys seen "Ferris Bueller"?

To me, a better feeling is pulling up to the valet stand to let my passenger/spouse get out (like the gentleman I am!!) and telling the valet "No, I got it from here".

About 15 years ago, made the mistake of using a valet at a large Christmas party where the parking lot was down a hill 2 blocks away, it was cold out, and I was lazy. Of course we all came out to leave at the same time, so the valets are running like crazy and there's a long line of cars SLOWLY coming up the hill. I had a rather fun Nissan 300ZX at the time, and the clown who got my car is using the clutch to hold the car on the hill instead of the brake. I notice smoke rising from this line of cars and pray that it's just some beater in front of me. Smoke gone by the time he gets to us, I get into the car and am greeted with a smell similiar to leaving a pizza in the oven overnight. He disappears into the darkness to retrieve another victim and despite all my protests, $1,300 later I have a new clutch plate. Never since then....

Quick Reply: Stupid Valets in LA!