Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Ti Wheels Causing A5 Delivery Delay?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ti Wheels Causing A5 Delivery Delay?

The dealer informed me this week that the delivery on my A5 is now December (originally August) and a shortage of the Ti wheels for the S Line + (PQX) is the cause.

Has anyone else been told the same?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I haven't heard anything from my dealer concerning this. I believe the 2012's S-Line package only include the Y-Spoke 19" rims, not the Titanium rims that were available on the 2011's.

You may also want to post your commission number in the Commission Number Check thread for up to date information about your build.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
I believe the 2012's S-Line package only include the Y-Spoke 19" rims, not the Titanium rims that were available on the 2011's.
According to the 2012 A5 Coupe Order Guide, the S line plus package (code PQX) comes with the 19" Titanium 5-arm-rotor design wheels with 255/35 summer tires. The 19" Y-spoke are listed as a stand alone option but it says: "n/a with PRZ,PQX".

I'll post my commission # on that thread and see if someone can find out the actual build date. Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

What's also interesting/confusing is that the way the 2012 vs. 2011 order guide lists the details for the S-line package.

2011's S-Line Package
19" S Line wheel, high-performance tires
S Line bumpers and side rocker moldings - not on '12?
Black headliner
S Line door sill inlays - not on '12?
Brushed aluminum interior trim
S Line embossed logo and silver stitching
Front sport seats with leather bolsters
S Line steering wheel (with paddles on automatic trans)- not on '12?
Perforated alcantara seat inserts
Sport suspension
S Line badges on fenders - not on '12?

2012's S-Line Package

19" Titanium 5-arm-rotor-design wheels with 255/35 summer tires
Black-Optic exterior kit
Black cloth headliner
Gloss black grille surround
Matte black window surrounds
S line embossed Alcantara / Leather seats
S line exterior package
Brushed Aluminum decorative inlays
3-spoke steering wheel (w/ shift paddles on auto)
Sport suspension (-20mm ride height)
Front sport seats w/ four-way power lumbar
Old 07-15-2011, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Actually it looks like the

S Line bumpers and side rocker moldings
S Line badges on fenders

are most likely included in the "S line exterior package" in the 2012 order guide. I'm still not sure if the S line sill inlays would count as an exterior package or not. So the only other thing I am unsure of is whether or not the 2012 has the S line steering wheel or the sport steering wheel.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would guess the S Line door sill inlays are included in the "S line exterior package".

It would make more sense if the steering wheel was the S line since it will be S line everywhere else inside the car, but it's notable that the 3-spoke stering wheel is listed under "Sport package" on the order guide.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hmmm... they started putting those same wheels on the A4, so I'm not sure why they would do that if they are experiencing supply issues.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Beakerz
Hmmm... they started putting those same wheels on the A4, so I'm not sure why they would do that if they are experiencing supply issues.
I agree. That's why I thought I'd post and see if anyone else has heard the same story. Supposedly there are around 45 other orders in the same situation...at least that's what I've been told.
My order date was May 18th so maybe it's something that has just come up recently.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MrClean07
I agree. That's why I thought I'd post and see if anyone else has heard the same story. Supposedly there are around 45 other orders in the same situation...at least that's what I've been told.
My order date was May 18th so maybe it's something that has just come up recently.
I was able to find another guy over at Audizine that just received a call from his dealer stating his S5 estimated delivery date for the Titanium package was pushed back from September to December.

I also have a '12 A5 S Line waiting with an original delivery date of late September/early October. I'm hoping that once you get your commission number check, we will both have a better idea about delivery times.

My order was placed on June 20th.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MrClean07
The dealer informed me this week that the delivery on my A5 is now December (originally August) and a shortage of the Ti wheels for the S Line + (PQX) is the cause.

Has anyone else been told the same?
I've been told that my 2012 A5 special order car (S-Line, ordered in April/May 2011) won't arrive until December 2011 or January 2012. My dealer was unsure why it was going to take so long. I thought the delay was due to the special order color, but my dealer said they it might be due to other supply issues, so maybe the wheel issue is part of the problem.

Quick Reply: Ti Wheels Causing A5 Delivery Delay?