Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Ti Wheels Causing A5 Delivery Delay?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suppose it's good to know that their story checks out, but to say that I'm not looking forward to that long of a wait is an understatement.

The backup camera thing I could live with, but if this delay is really due to a shortage of the Ti wheels then that is ridiculous.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MrClean07
I suppose it's good to know that their story checks out, but to say that I'm not looking forward to that long of a wait is an understatement.

The backup camera thing I could live with, but if this delay is really due to a shortage of the Ti wheels then that is ridiculous.
I couldn't agree with you more. '12 Cabs are being shipped and delivered to dealerships, but they have the Y spoke rims. Audi should give people with the extended wait a choice to switch the Ti rims for the Y spokes. I would actually rather have the Y's on my vehicle. I honestly can't see why they couldn't allow something like this. They are both 19" with 255/35's.

Below are some pics of a '12 cab in Texas with the S Line package. The Y Spoke rims are really nice. What's interesting is that the S Line for the Cab's does not include the Titanium treatment - so no blacked out trim.

On another note, the '12 cars still have the S Line steering wheel.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ack_
What's interesting is that the S Line for the Cab's does not include the Titanium treatment - so no blacked out trim.

]
The cabs s line is different then the coupe.. the Cabs dont get the titanium package
Old 07-16-2011, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Before I purchased my '11 S5 with titanium package, I tried to order one. I was told the coating for the wheels is made in Japan, which is why the package was so short lived (and discontinued by the time I tried to order). It seems that manufacturing of the coating is still not up to speed.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm waiting for a 2012 S5 Cab, for delivery August 2011. If the dealer now told me that I had to wait until December or January, I'd for sure go with a 2013 model with the upgraded 4G MMI, etc. You might all be in Europe, in which case your new 2012 vehicle will already have all these goodies (in NA, these don't come until 2013), but if not, you should consider waiting another 4-5 months I figure. I know that some don't like the new headlight shape, but, like nearly all new models, it will grow on you, and the trapezoidal lights like the 2007-2012 models will start to look old fast.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another One

Looks like I'm a victim of this too (one of the 45?). Ordered a 2012 A5 S-Line on 6/3/11. Initially got good news that dealer was able to reconfigure a vehicle already on allocation and I should have it by mid-late August. Actually heard from a sales guy that my car was going into build 2 weeks ago. Then got the bad news on Tuesday that it would be delayed due to titanium wheels. So far no update on estimated delivery other than it "could be a little later than September". Dealer is supposed to get me something definitive early next week. Very frustrating, but for this much $ and time I'm already waiting, I'd rather get what I really want.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MrClean07
The dealer informed me this week that the delivery on my A5 is now December (originally August) and a shortage of the Ti wheels for the S Line + (PQX) is the cause.

Has anyone else been told the same?
I ordered a 2012 A5 black/black with Sport plus, Prestige, Sport and S-line packages on May 5 and was told it would be here mid-August. I had originally wanted the titanium package, but since it was incorporated into other packages, I had to get other stuff. I was informed on Thursday that it did not have a build date because of the Ti wheels and the help desk says they will NOT be producing the S package for now. Therefore, I bought a 2012 S5 with nav, advanced key, carbon inlay, summer wheels, B&O...phantom black with magma red interior. It was coming in to another Audi inventory, so I will get in before July 31st, already did the paperwork!!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by swwhiteinla
...for this much $ and time I'm already waiting, I'd rather get what I really want.
I really like the Titanium wheels, and I was thrilled to see that for 2012, the A5 S-Line package came with the Titanium stuff (and black optics).

Like someone else said, I'd rather wait a few more months and get what I really want, as compared to getting something sooner that I'm not as happy with.
Its a costly car that I'll have for a while, and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Hopefully the added wait time will result in my car coming with a full functioning back-up camera, so I won't have to make an extra trip to the dealer to get it retro-fitted when parts are available.

Are people in Europe and other areas outside the USA hearing that their ordered cars are delayed too? Many RS5's seem to come with the Titanium 5-arm rotor wheels (different size, but still similar).
Are those RS5 buyers/orders getting delayed as well?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got a reply from gd10 yesterday on the commission number check thread saying "2 months or so" which conflicts with the "December" my salesman said last week. I'll have to call tomorrow and see whats going on.

I really would rather not wait until December, but like others have said this is really the car I want. The thought of going to an S5 is nice but that's at least another $10K over what I was going to pay.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uroplatus
I really like the Titanium wheels, and I was thrilled to see that for 2012, the A5 S-Line package came with the Titanium stuff (and black optics).

Like someone else said, I'd rather wait a few more months and get what I really want, as compared to getting something sooner that I'm not as happy with.
Its a costly car that I'll have for a while, and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Hopefully the added wait time will result in my car coming with a full functioning back-up camera, so I won't have to make an extra trip to the dealer to get it retro-fitted when parts are available.

Are people in Europe and other areas outside the USA hearing that their ordered cars are delayed too? Many RS5's seem to come with the Titanium 5-arm rotor wheels (different size, but still similar).
Are those RS5 buyers/orders getting delayed as well?
Yes, People in Europe and the UK are waiting around 6 months for there cars with and without the Ti packages ordered. When I was originally looking at ordering the A5 with black optics package I was told 5-6 months and that was before the Japan Disaster.

Quick Reply: Ti Wheels Causing A5 Delivery Delay?