Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Track info from Spotify on MMI (3G+)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track info from Spotify on MMI (3G+)

I own a 2010 A5 with the MMI Navigation Plus (2x SD-card slots and HDD). No AMI or BT module, though. I retrofitted AMI via Dension Gateway MMI3. When I play music from Spotify, the MMI doesn't display the track info. I was wondering if any of you had like a "procedure" for this to work?
In 9 out of 10 times it won't show the track info, but sometimes it does.

I have tried several things to try to figure out like a procedure to make this work -every time-.

Here's what happens. I connect my iPhone4s (latest iOS firmware) to the ipod connector.
It immediately plays a track from iTunes.
Then I launch Spotify and press play on the iPhone.
It plays the track from Spotify, and the MMI shows unknown track.
The audio works fine and I can skip to next track via the Spotify app itself. However it would be nice to have the MMI show the track info.

I've tried to pause and resume the playback both from iTunes app and Spotify app.
Juggling between the two apps.
Hitting Next track on the MMI Control (resumes iTunes playback) and then switch back to Spotify app and press play.

Still haven't figured out a way to make it work -every time-.
I've restarted the MMI also via the Setup -> Joystick -> upper right-button combo.

The closest I have gotten is play a track from the iTunes app a few seconds.
Launch Spotify and play a track.
Select the track via MMI joystick button.
iTunes track resumes.
Then press play on Spotify.

This will in some cases make the whole playlist show in the MMI (unknown track is diplayed), but it then shows track info and even works when skipping tracks within the Spotify app itself.

Please tell me that some of you have experienced the same and have a working procedure for this to work -most of the times- , rather than 1 out of 10 times :-)

Regards,

Thomas
Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one in this forum that experience this...

I've found a temp solution that I'm using, but I'm not quite sure what triggers the MMI to "wake up" and suddenly load the tracklist and show the track info from Spotify.

Here's what I do to make it work (like a procedure)

Connect the iPhone to the iPod connector.
iTunes resumes playing the first track on its list.
Launch the Spotify app and press play
Tracklist shows "Unknown Title" or the title of the track in iTunes that was previously played.
Press the joystick and re-select the track from the tracklist repeatedly.
Go to you iPhone, press play on the track you wish to play on Spotify
Repeat the two last steps until the tracklist fills up with the name of the iTunes track or "Unknown Title".
When the tracklist is filling the tracklist screen on the MMI, it should display trackinfo properly and for each track you play on Spotify.

It is not possible to skip to next track using the MMI controls. You will have to skip between tracks from your iPhone.

Have anyone discovered a quicker procedure??

--Thomas