Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Try to trade my A5 to Audi dealers but Car max paid more

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try to trade my A5 to Audi dealers but Car max paid more

I took 2013 S5 for spin while a5 was at service. WOW what a Car so I had to get it.
Try to trade in A5 for several Audi dealers but best offer was $ 3000 lower than offer from carmax.Sold Car to carmax and now have spanging New S5.
Oh Well I lost sales tax advantage but still game a head $ 1500. Go figure ...
Old 12-23-2012, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

that is somewhat surprising. I guess carmax does a better job of moving sheer volume but still, I would expect an Audi dealer to show you some love, especially if you're thinking about UPGRADING?!?! There are many jackass salesman who don't know the last thing about business. Either way, you got an S5 which are badA$$. The new ones look like freakin spaceships.

I'm in the market for one, will make a decision in the next 4 months. I've never actually owned an Audi, been a Lexus dude myself. I currently drive an 08 IS 350, looking to venture into the Germans perhaps. I drove the S4 and A7 a couple of weeks ago, Styling is phenomenal on the S4 but DID NOT like the exhaust tone on WOT. It sound like a legit fart can sometimes. My friends wouldn't believe it but there is an actual video online where you can hear the "fart tone" on WOT, weird. So S4 is out. The A7 again is a beautiful tourer. Def felt firm to the ground but a heavier car no doubt. Didn't have time to drive an S5, will go back probably soon to check it out.

Anyhow, can you comment further on the S5, driving, performance, comfort, day to day utility, back seat ergnonomics?

So the cars in the running include, 2012 A7, 2013 S5, 2008 cl 63 amg, 2013 gs 350, 2013 IS 350 (unveiled @ Detroit Auto Show in Jan), maybe 2012 550i?
Old 12-24-2012, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=yobi1;24386927]Anyhow, can you comment further on the S5, driving, performance, comfort, day to day utility, back seat ergnonomics?QUOTE]

Do you have a family or are you single? the A5/S5 are not really family cars - although, having said that, I have a family and an S5! But be aware that back seats are for local use only - not really for long runs (unless you kids are very young <10 years old as a guess).

Driving dynamics are great, although i still wish the 2013 facelifts came with the V8 engine - that's the only thing I really miss.
Performance is great but, hey, you can always go faster - right?Interior ergonomics can't be beaten ( except by maybe Rolls Royce!), very comfortable seats, and I use mine as an (almost) daily driver.
Get one! - what else can I say.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by yobi1
that is somewhat surprising. I guess carmax does a better job of moving sheer volume but still, I would expect an Audi dealer to show you some love, especially if you're thinking about UPGRADING?!?! There are many jackass salesman who don't know the last thing about business. Either way, you got an S5 which are badA$$. The new ones look like freakin spaceships.

I'm in the market for one, will make a decision in the next 4 months. I've never actually owned an Audi, been a Lexus dude myself. I currently drive an 08 IS 350, looking to venture into the Germans perhaps. I drove the S4 and A7 a couple of weeks ago, Styling is phenomenal on the S4 but DID NOT like the exhaust tone on WOT. It sound like a legit fart can sometimes. My friends wouldn't believe it but there is an actual video online where you can hear the "fart tone" on WOT, weird. So S4 is out. The A7 again is a beautiful tourer. Def felt firm to the ground but a heavier car no doubt. Didn't have time to drive an S5, will go back probably soon to check it out.

Anyhow, can you comment further on the S5, driving, performance, comfort, day to day utility, back seat ergnonomics?

So the cars in the running include, 2012 A7, 2013 S5, 2008 cl 63 amg, 2013 gs 350, 2013 IS 350 (unveiled @ Detroit Auto Show in Jan), maybe 2012 550i?
I hope the OP don't mind me answering yobi1. I have been driving the 2013 RS5 for about 8 weeks. It is surprisingly a smooth ride for day-to-day drives. You can of course customize the ride settings easily with about 16 combinations (steering, engine, and 2 more variables - I forgot).... Back seat is surprisingly roomy. If you are picky about the exhaust sound, I believe the S5 has an exhaust upgrade option. The RS5 has the sports exhaut option which makes it a BEAST (or so I've heard). I have the regular exhaust, and it still sounds very nice... not very loud like a modified Milltek or Capristo exhaust, but loud enough to draw some attention... but not too loud to have people cover their ears.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

After 2 weeks of driving I cant wait jumping into my car every morning Its like back in old days
owning your 1st car.
I really like they new stearing system , suspension and even v6 sounds great after 4 banger.
I have not used D setting at all so I been burning a lot gas with S mode and playing with tiptronic
looking for sweet spot
Next week I try Launch control and see how that feels just have to find quiet street where
Cops don't hang out.
Take a test drive with salesman that lets you rev it up then you know what I am talking about I even let few of my BMW friends
try out and they were like WOW.
I owned several BMW, Mercedes,Audis and Lexus's and 2013 S5 takes the cake just fun to drive.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thanks for the input everyone, it is appreciated. No I currently don't have kids. My life for the next couple of years will be driving to the hospital 5:30 in the morning and coming back sometime in the evening. I take weekend trips 1-2x every 8 weeks. Would you say that the 2013 is a big improvement from the 2012 or 2011s? Also, what do you all think about the A6 3.0?
Old 12-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks for the input everyone, it is appreciated. No I currently don't have kids. My life for the next couple of years will be driving to the hospital 5:30 in the morning and coming back sometime in the evening. I take weekend trips 1-2x every 8 weeks. Would you say that the 2013 is a big improvement from the 2012 or 2011s? Also, what do you all think about the A6 3.0?
I also own the 2012 A6. I have the Canadian version, without the Google maps and wifi or internet, etc.

In any case, it drives very well. It is very manoeuvrable. I think the US version has a panoramic sun-roof, but I'm not sure. The Canadian version only has the tiny sun-roof. The A6 and A7 share the same engine, except the A7 external looks are different, has the spoiler option, and only sits 4. I believe the A6 won a lot of praise and awards and has been reviewed to be better than the 5 series BMW and Lexus GS and Benz E class.