Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Tuscan Brown interior - S5

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
It looks like my picture not his. He needs a better camera
Omeletpants, you are actually right about the camera! ;-) mine's had many a drop. The color of the seats however is I think between yours and my pics. Fair would you say?

BTW, a new camera is on the way!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

They look more brown than orange. My car has a brown top so it picks up the brown also. I love the two tone seats. Really jumps. The dealer tried to talk me out of the brown top also but wow is it rich looking vs black. Would do it over again in a second. Stay away from the wood interior Go with Carbon or Alum.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Omeletpants, you are actually right about the camera! ;-) mine's had many a drop. The color of the seats however is I think between yours and my pics. Fair would you say?

BTW, a new camera is on the way!
To be honest, it's really hard to find accurate pictures of this color on the internet and most end up looking far too orange. I think it turns off potential buyers. If people saw it in person they would be blown away. It's classy and elegant and offers perfect contrast to any exterior. It's stunning against a black, white or quartz exterior.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
To be honest, it's really hard to find accurate pictures of this color on the internet and most end up looking far too orange. I think it turns off potential buyers. If people saw it in person they would be blown away. It's classy and elegant and offers perfect contrast to any exterior. It's stunning against a black, white or quartz exterior.
+1

Entirely agree. If available on my next Audi car and depending on the exterior color, I would have no hesitation in ordering Tuscan again.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

While a good portion of it might be the camera, but it could very well be due to the auto white balance or auto-scene setting on the camera and not correcting for it post-processing.

Being a amateur photographer, I've had some pictures come out a bit off when I view them on the computer, but I can fix it in Photoshop Lightroom or other post-processing applications. I can still have some off shots even when shooting in full manual mode.

Back to the topic, I've seen Tuscan Brown in person and it does have a bit of orange in it, but not as much as the pictures show. I did not go for it since I preferred the Black/Silver interior a bit more when paired with Sprint Blue. If I opted for Ibis White instead, Tuscan Brown would have been it
Old 12-21-2010, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm surprised no one is agreeing with me. I think those pictures are spot on with the color. The Tuscan is orangey for sure; and these pictures present it accurately. I see it everyday, as I own it.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can not find a proper example in the wild, just go to any Sports Authority, etc. and check out the new leather basketballs ... an exact match!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by donaldp
I'm surprised no one is agreeing with me. I think those pictures are spot on with the color. The Tuscan is orangey for sure; and these pictures present it accurately. I see it everyday, as I own it.
Yeah, I think it's fairly orangey and it looks similar to the first set of pictures to me. I don't own one (yet), but I have seen it in person several times at the dealership, including a couple of test drives. There are so many variables involved in looking at pictures online, starting with the camera, through the processing, the OS's color management, the web browser, the monitor, the lighting in the room, etc.. The same image can look perfect to one person and completely off to another.

I actually prefer the brown offered in the A5 ("cinnamon brown"), but the Tuscan is nice too. When you see them side by side, the Tuscan is clearly much more orange.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I never considered buying a white car. After weeks of vacillating I'm seriously leaning towards the S5 Cab in ibis with this Tuscan interior.

This photo gallery got me interested:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/audi/20.../pictures.html

Then I saw an Ibis/Tuscan A5 Cab (with the brown top) at my local dealership last weekend. It's a fantastic combination.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by toramo1

Then I saw an Ibis/Tuscan A5 Cab (with the brown top) at my local dealership last weekend. It's a fantastic combination.
That's an A5, which has Cinnamon Brown, not Tuscan Brown. Cinnamon is less orange than Tuscan. Again, I do like Tuscan, but don't order one based on the looks of the other. One of our local dealers has an Ibis/Tuscan S5 Cab for sale, but their pics aren't very good: http://goo.gl/m36AN

Quick Reply: Tuscan Brown interior - S5