Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

UK: MMI update query

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK: MMI update query

Hi folks - would appreciate some advice re MMI updates. I've got an A5 S line 2015 model. I've been having issues with my phone and Bluetooth - sometimes signal strength being misreported, also finding that skipping tracks isn't working properly in media playback.

My current firmware version is as below:

I believe there's a newer firmware version available (0942) - anyone know if it's likely to help? I'm still within warranty until the Summer so thought it might be something a dealer would be able to help with, although my understanding is they can only install updates for issues such as 'not always booting properly' rather than Bluetooth issues? I take it the dealer wouldn't update anything re the maps at the same time?

Appreciate any suggestions!
Old 05-26-2018, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by metaphase
Hi folks - would appreciate some advice re MMI updates. I've got an A5 S line 2015 model. I've been having issues with my phone and Bluetooth - sometimes signal strength being misreported, also finding that skipping tracks isn't working properly in media playback.
I believe there's a newer firmware version available (0942) - anyone know if it's likely to help? I'm still within warranty until the Summer so thought it might be something a dealer would be able to help with, although my understanding is they can only install updates for issues such as 'not always booting properly' rather than Bluetooth issues? I take it the dealer wouldn't update anything re the maps at the same time?
2015 S5 here. I'm in the US, looks like you're in Europe.

I have the latest firmware and US maps:

Map updates aren't free and can be expensive at the dealership. Prices vary; I got quotes of $600 to $1200 when I was looking. It can be cheaper with an online vendor.

Here's a pdf for the 942 TSB (don't have one for the 942-6):
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TSB 2030465-10.pdf (1.61 MB, 188 views)
Old 05-26-2018, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by HamOnRye
2015 S5 here. I'm in the US, looks like you're in Europe.
I have the latest firmware and US maps:Map updates aren't free and can be expensive at the dealership. Prices vary; I got quotes of $600 to $1200 when I was looking. It can be cheaper with an online vendor.Here's a pdf for the 942 TSB (don't have one for the 942-6):
Yep I'm in the UK. Thanks for clarifying re maps definitely wouldn't be paying for those then! Mainly use Google Maps on my phone anyway.Thanks for the TSB, at least that let's me know what I need to cover when speaking to the dealership ​​Any idea if the Bluetooth has become any more reliable with this update?
Old 05-26-2018, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by metaphase
Yep I'm in the UK. Thanks for clarifying re maps definitely wouldn't be paying for those then! Mainly use Google Maps on my phone anyway.Thanks for the TSB, at least that let's me know what I need to cover when speaking to the dealership ​​Any idea if the Bluetooth has become any more reliable with this update?
If you go to p.3 of the TSB, you'll see that your software v.0900 relates to "D" complaints on the list and none of them seem to relate to a Bluetooth problem. Even so, the dealer might still update your MMI under warranty. BTW, the P before 0900 indicates that you have the factory installed firmware. The K before 0942_6 in mine indicates a post-production update.

If you use Google Maps from your phone, you're probably looking at up to date maps. I use GM on my NAV screen but it's just an overlay; the NAV still relies on the installed Audi maps. That's why I got them updated.

I've never had any issues with Bluetooth connectivity so I can't speak for reliability improvements with the software updates.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the reply. Yes noted that re Bluetooth not being mentioned but wasn't sure if they'd consider it a big enough topic or if they continually refined with each update. Will see what dealer say.