Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Upgrade to S5 now, later, ugh...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by diva_alicia
But aren't "extended warranties" on Audis third-party unless I get my car certified?

The convertible is a great idea, but we just picked up a used TT roadster, and where we live winter is way too big a part of the year for two convertibles in the house! LOL But that is a good idea...
Hey I'm in Chicago so my wife thinks I'm nuts in the first place but she will get it after she sees how well windows up and heat works.

They are third party but the ones the dealer sells are usually high quality in terms of getting any dealer (or independent shop) to pick up the full cost of the repair and not play games with not covering certain parts or labor rates beyond a set number. CPO is good but only extends two more years and you can hit the mileage cut off before then possibly...and CPO only works at the dealer, not independent shops. That's whats good about the third party that if you think you will keep the car longer you can get more than 2 years and also often it is transferable or the balance based on time can be prorated back to you...not something the CPO will do. So for instance I killed my first TT in an accident but had a good after market warranty that was for three years and another 75K or so...I had numerous claims over $800 for repairs that were covered just after it went into effect. I paid $2400 for the policy but since i had just bought it less than a year prior to wrecking the car I got a refund of the unused portion based on time of $2100 back. Win win.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Personally, I'd take the 2.0T over the 3.2 any day of the week. Both cars have very similar performance, but the 2.0T returns considerably better fuel economy. Plus, if I ever feel the need for more speed, the 2.0T can be chipped and will then run away from the 3.2 with ease.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beakerz
Personally, I'd take the 2.0T over the 3.2 any day of the week. Both cars have very similar performance, but the 2.0T returns considerably better fuel economy. Plus, if I ever feel the need for more speed, the 2.0T can be chipped and will then run away from the 3.2 with ease.
Similar performance? have you personally driven any of them??
Old 05-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

S5- Bigger engine
A5- Nice engine, good gas A5 Meteor gray S line FTW
Old 05-29-2011, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
I don't understand this logic. You can't get yourself to buy a turbo 4 but your have no problem with a normally aspirated V6? What's so exciting about a V6? It powers such "exotic" cars as Dodge Caravan, Chevy Malibu, Ford Taurus, Toyota Camry, etc. And while there have been a number of very fast turbocharged, 4 cylinder cars mad over the years, I can't think of a single true sports car that came with NA V6.
I have driven both and the V6 is alot smoother, less jerky due to the more even powerband. Plus the 2.0t sounds horrible and the way my car sounds means alot to me. I'm with the OP I couldn't get myself to pay 45k on a 4 banger either. Maybe I'm just old school
Old 05-29-2011, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GuzmanA5
Similar performance? have you personally driven any of them??
Yup I think most of these 2.0l guys have only driven the 3.2 around the block. My brother has the 2.0t and he is constantly asking me to trade. The 2.0t is only similar in performance off the light becuase of it low end torque but once u get up there it starts to labor. The 3.2 is alot smoother thats for sure
Old 05-29-2011, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Drive the 2.0T with it chipped and new exhaust and the 3.2 will be long out of your memory. Better gas mileage and power to boot. look at the current s4 and S5 power train. Supercharging or turbo charging is what we have to get used to. Anyone talk crap about 4 cylinders have no idea. Go race a Evo and see where your v8 s5 gets you. 2 car lengths behind them. The RS^ will have v8 turbo instead of its magnificent v10 it has now. Gas is goin above 5 bucks soon. Just my thoughts.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by s5forum
Drive the 2.0T with it chipped and new exhaust and the 3.2 will be long out of your memory. Better gas mileage and power to boot. look at the current s4 and S5 power train. Supercharging or turbo charging is what we have to get used to. Anyone talk crap about 4 cylinders have no idea. Go race a Evo and see where your v8 s5 gets you. 2 car lengths behind them. The RS^ will have v8 turbo instead of its magnificent v10 it has now. Gas is goin above 5 bucks soon. Just my thoughts.
Yah but the OP main concern was keepin his warranty thats the main reason he wants to trade in. Chipping it will void the manufacturer warranty. Some of these chip companies claim to maintain the warranty but they simply just replace the manufacturers for their and who knows how good theirs is
Old 05-30-2011, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The Stasis tune is selected-dealer installed and doesn't void the warranty.

Originally Posted by kodakbyd
Yah but the OP main concern was keepin his warranty thats the main reason he wants to trade in. Chipping it will void the manufacturer warranty. Some of these chip companies claim to maintain the warranty but they simply just replace the manufacturers for their and who knows how good theirs is
Old 05-30-2011, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
The Stasis tune is selected-dealer installed and doesn't void the warranty.
Theres where you're wrong Stasis merely just replace your manufacter warranty for theirs

Quick Reply: Upgrade to S5 now, later, ugh...