Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Upgrade to S5 now, later, ugh...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Forums are marvelous; there's always someone who'll counter most anything.

I'm not wrong in quoting both Stasis and my Audi dealership, who cited manufacturer warranty retained. Perhaps Stasis has worked out some transparent payback deal, but again not what was cited to me.

Originally Posted by kodakbyd
Theres where you're wrong Stasis merely just replace your manufacter warranty for theirs
Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
Forums are marvelous; there's always someone who'll counter most anything.

I'm not wrong in quoting both Stasis and my Audi dealership, who cited manufacturer warranty retained. Perhaps Stasis has worked out some transparent payback deal, but again not what was cited to me.
There is a perception that it keeps the warranty but in reality its a Stasis replaced warranty. Most of the tech will tell you it does because one of the requirements for the warranty to be valid is it must be done at an autorized Stasis installer which is mostly all dealship which cost you an arm and a leg and they make a ton of money off that. I have the stasis exhaust so I should know. Why don't you call Stasis and ask them directly and they will tell you the same thing
Old 06-01-2011, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

^ OK, I guess both Stasis (with whom I already cited I communicated) and my dealership (ditto) misled me.

No argument that it's considerably more expensive then say an APR tune, but then there are no decent APR installers in my area.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s5forum
Drive the 2.0T with it chipped and new exhaust and the 3.2 will be long out of your memory. Better gas mileage and power to boot. look at the current s4 and S5 power train. Supercharging or turbo charging is what we have to get used to. Anyone talk crap about 4 cylinders have no idea. Go race a Evo and see where your v8 s5 gets you. 2 car lengths behind them. The RS^ will have v8 turbo instead of its magnificent v10 it has now. Gas is goin above 5 bucks soon. Just my thoughts.
we are talking stock! any chipped vehicle will always perform better. 20t stock has nothing against 3.2. V6 will run circles around the 2.0T, just like the S5 will run circles around the 3.2 and the rS5 will do run circles around the s5 when it goes on sale.
You drive a tiptronic S5 for crying out loud.. I bet I can run you over and over and over anytime i want to
Old 06-06-2011, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 547 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by GuzmanA5
we are talking stock! any chipped vehicle will always perform better. 20t stock has nothing against 3.2. V6 will run circles around the 2.0T, just like the S5 will run circles around the 3.2 and the rS5 will do run circles around the s5 when it goes on sale.
You drive a tiptronic S5 for crying out loud.. I bet I can run you over and over and over anytime i want to
Stock, the V6 is all of 0.4s faster to 60 and in the 1/4 mile than the 2.0T, which is not exactly running circles. The gap between the S5 and 3.2 V6 is much larger than the gap between the 3.2 and the 2.0T. Additionally, the 2.0T is lighter and more nimble than the V6.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test
Old 06-06-2011, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

man can we not get into another A5 2.0t vs V6 discussion again.... -_-"
Old 06-06-2011, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JD15
Stock, the V6 is all of 0.4s faster to 60 and in the 1/4 mile than the 2.0T, which is not exactly running circles.

Honestly, I think it all depends upon which "road test" you read. I've read reviews where the 2.0T ran pretty much identical numbers as the V6. Either way, I don't really care very much because they are both great engines. And anyone buying a new A5 has no choice anymore anyway...
Old 06-06-2011, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Bingo. No further discussion required.

Originally Posted by Beakerz
Honestly, ... And anyone buying a new A5 has no choice anymore anyway [2.0T only]...
Old 06-16-2011, 05:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Keep Your Car

I'm an old guy and I could go on for days about great cars I traded in just because they were out of warranty. Only to regret the decision a few months later. Keep the car you love. Newer is not always better. Spend a couple dollars to make your "old" car look like new.New mats, get the wheels refinished if they need it, have a detailer touch up any scratches or rock chip, then put the money you would spend on a new car in an account for a year. That amount, plus what you are going to save on tags and insurance will probably be enough cover your maintenance for the life of the car. There is the reason you bought an A5. They are built tough and have timeless design.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Agreed (fellow older guy). The S5/A5 is truly a timeless work of art. Historically I've not kept vehicles post-warranty (with similar regrets) but plan to this time!

Originally Posted by AudisandAlfas
I'm an old guy and I could go on for days about great cars I traded in just because they were out of warranty. Only to regret the decision a few months later. Keep the car you love. Newer is not always better. Spend a couple dollars to make your "old" car look like new.New mats, get the wheels refinished if they need it, have a detailer touch up any scratches or rock chip, then put the money you would spend on a new car in an account for a year. That amount, plus what you are going to save on tags and insurance will probably be enough cover your maintenance for the life of the car. There is the reason you bought an A5. They are built tough and have timeless design.

Quick Reply: Upgrade to S5 now, later, ugh...