Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

USA Headlights work in european RDW a5?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USA Headlights work in european RDW a5?

Hi, had a crash with my a5 2013 2.0 coupe facelift european RDW, and have to replace both headlightsProblem is they are really expensive to bring them from europe to south amercia..So i have found american a5 headlight version 8T0941043E and like to know if someone has use them in an european car (headlights 8T0941043C)? it is a lot cheaper to bring them from USA It looks they are similar , physically just the corner lights american are orange, instead white europeans, and voltage look both 12V??

Also info is in the same page as: 8T0941043C RDW and 8T0941043E for USA
http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sing...0/lang/u#sec_1

I did a brief (attached picture) of both headlights, like to know someone in audiworld can help me to decide to buy them thanks

Last edited by decorunner; 05-17-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Frankford, Ontario, Canada. 08 R8TT, 08 A5, 90 TT 300ZX, Ducati TT2
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The North American specs for headlights is more restricted then the euro specs/regulations so using them should be a problem as far as safety goes.
The main areas you need to address to ensure they will work 100% are;
1. Prefacelift vs facelift.
2. Halogen vs bixenon.
3. If AFS-1 or non AFS-1 (bending/cornering feature).

I fitted ecode (euro) headlights to my A5 with no issues. But I had to do a lot of research like you to determine the exact /correct euro pert numbers to look for. If you can find someone with the Ekta program, you can find the exact part numbers that will work. I found there were at least 6 pairs of compatible headlight part number schemes I could use. Why Audi chose to use so many different part number codes is crazy and I can elaborate more on why if you like? Suffice to say, when I was looking I had to find headlights that were Euro (Ecode), for left hand drive cars (drive on right side of road), be prefacelift and bixenon and have the AFS-1 feature. Even with those parameters, I was able to find at least 6 pairs/sets of part numbers that would meet my needs.

Here is my thread on my search. Although you'll see it's for the reverse of what you're looking for, the process is still the same and the Ekta program will help.
eCode Headlight Part Number Request? - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

Just a quick google search shows you're looking for;
Facelift
Bixenon
Non AFS-1 (non bending or curve feature)

There should be plenty of various part number sets that will meet your needs aside from the ones you already posted.
Look to the Audizine classified section for some possible great deals.. Good luck.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jschrauwen
The North American specs for headlights is more restricted then the euro specs/regulations so using them should be a problem as far as safety goes.
The main areas you need to address to ensure they will work 100% are;
1. Prefacelift vs facelift.
2. Halogen vs bixenon.
3. If AFS-1 or non AFS-1 (bending/cornering feature).

I fitted ecode (euro) headlights to my A5 with no issues. But I had to do a lot of research like you to determine the exact /correct euro pert numbers to look for. If you can find someone with the Ekta program, you can find the exact part numbers that will work. I found there were at least 6 pairs of compatible headlight part number schemes I could use. Why Audi chose to use so many different part number codes is crazy and I can elaborate more on why if you like? Suffice to say, when I was looking I had to find headlights that were Euro (Ecode), for left hand drive cars (drive on right side of road), be prefacelift and bixenon and have the AFS-1 feature. Even with those parameters, I was able to find at least 6 pairs/sets of part numbers that would meet my needs.

Here is my thread on my search. Although you'll see it's for the reverse of what you're looking for, the process is still the same and the Ekta program will help.
eCode Headlight Part Number Request? - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

Just a quick google search shows you're looking for;
Facelift
Bixenon
Non AFS-1 (non bending or curve feature)

There should be plenty of various part number sets that will meet your needs aside from the ones you already posted.
Look to the Audizine classified section for some possible great deals.. Good luck.
Thanks for your time; yes you are right I need: Facelift / Bixenon / non AFS-1 (bending curve feature) . I use the Online VAG spare parts catalog, Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat. VAG VIN decoder, part number search. *** Online. website to find parts for my car, maybe etka will be more accurate? and this is what a i found according my needs 2012 Audi Audi A5/S5 Coupe/Sportback Europe market: Electrics Headlamp for gas discharge bulb PR-8BP,8EH+ 8Q3

This search is for the left side (right must be similar), and I have the current RDW version with a C and found and thinking to purchase the USA version with a E.

According your comments, it looks there is nothing to worry, I mean, definitively they are both facelift/bixenon/non-AFS; but:
- Connection will be the same?
- Do i have to make a special connection or wire adaptation in order to make it work?

thanks for any comment

Last edited by decorunner; 05-21-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: wrong picture
Old 05-21-2018, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Frankford, Ontario, Canada. 08 R8TT, 08 A5, 90 TT 300ZX, Ducati TT2
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you'll have any issues with the connectors/connectivity between the two. I didn't when I went the reverse direction. The connectors were the same.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That is great connectors are the same, This is what i received from etka (thanks for the help rlarssen!!).. it seems fine, but still have some doubts to do the purchase