Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

v1 stealth mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v1 stealth mod

anyone stealth mod a v1 in yet? where are you putting concealed display?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've done a hard-wired install for my V1, but I have yet to find a good location for the remote display. The dash just isn't set up well for it. The best-suited location I found was underneath the instrument cowl to the left of the nav screen, but that didn't seem like it provided much stealth benefit.

There was a guy who posted his install here and he located his display in the ash tray. I didn't like that location for my setup because I don't like having to turn my head that much to look at the display, but it might work for you. Do a search for "V1 install" and you'll find it.

Last edited by Hobbes; 09-04-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've been looking in the a4 forums and there seems to be an instrument panel that you could buy for rt above the steering wheel on the dash that looked completely stocked. but the company's website isn't up anymore and i'm guessing they're out of business.

yeah i hate putting it in the ashtray part. i like it rt above the steering wheel so i could see it easily. anyone know any nicer solutions or smaller remote display?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by flyfishing
i've been looking in the a4 forums and there seems to be an instrument panel that you could buy for rt above the steering wheel on the dash that looked completely stocked. but the company's website isn't up anymore and i'm guessing they're out of business.
I saw the same posts and found the same dead website.

Originally Posted by flyfishing
yeah i hate putting it in the ashtray part. i like it rt above the steering wheel so i could see it easily. anyone know any nicer solutions or smaller remote display?
That's where I like mine to be also, but it doesn't seem to work there in the A5. It worked great there in my old A4.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just affixed my remote display to the thin plastic dash area below the DIS and right above the steering column. It's front and center for easy visibility, and doesn't block or obscure anything in the DIS (you can still read the temperature and transmission gear just fine). This location may not work for you if you have your steering column raised to its highest adjustment though.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
I just affixed my remote display to the thin plastic dash area below the DIS and right above the steering column. It's front and center for easy visibility, and doesn't block or obscure anything in the DIS (you can still read the temperature and transmission gear just fine). This location may not work for you if you have your steering column raised to its highest adjustment though.
Yeah, I've toyed with that area and it could work, but it seems a bit awkward for mounting. The A4 instrument cluster differs from that of the A5, so perhaps it works better on the A4.