Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Vag-Com for 2013 A5 cab

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, from what I have been told the voice command is deactivated in all Audi convertibles. Reason being - with the top down, voice command doesn't work well. But duh, if a coupe has all its windows down, it is also troublesome. With the top up, or down at low speeds - it works just fine. Some people say the dealership took care of it for them, and others say that not only will they NOT do it, but they change it back on service calls if you don't talk to them about it first. Sorry, but it is BS in my opinion. 60K for a car and they don't even give you the option??

I have now learned that this talk button works not only with the telephone, but nav too. Which is very convenient in the park position before you even take off to go somewhere. So, it baffles me why they deactivate it and we have to buy a 350 dollar cable...But..it's worth it. It diagnoses your car for problems too. And not just the Audi but other cars in the household as well.

Once it is done, it's done. No issues since.

And yes, I did reset MMI. Didn't work. I had to switch the language. Then voila...

And I hear there are cheaper cables out there...but they don't work as well. I do suggest you have the Vag-Com people assist you. You don't want to put the wrong code in and then everything all screwed up. They were awesome on the phone with me. And when it comes to that kind of technology, I'm kind of clueless.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just did a lot of the mods featured herehttp://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagCom.html...this is amazing.

I wonder how to test the emergency brake flash other than have someone behind me and slam on the brakes..hehe. Anyway. I did LED at 75% with headlights on, and I kept the wink for now..losing that makes me a little nervous. I did not figure out how to dim it for the wink yet.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nicoli
I did LED at 75% with headlights on, and I kept the wink for now..losing that makes me a little nervous. I did not figure out how to dim it for the wink yet.
LED at 75% with headlights on was way too bright in my opinion after testing tonight. Just had to follow up, was going to blind people with it set that bright. Put it down to 35%. It was 24% from factory.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Vag-Com and my local dealership

Ok so yesterday...my glovebox would not open. So I pull into the Audi service dept. for assistance. 3 guys working on it. They get it open and see my Vag-Com cable in the glove box.

The guy pulls it out and is just looking at it and me and the other two guys with this blank stare, then says "Nice, where did you get this?"

I proceed to tell him this long story of how I wanted to use voice command, researched this for two weeks, bought it for 350.00, changed the code, ETC ETC. He looks at me and says, and I quote -

"Why didn't you just bring it in? We would have changed the code for you."

So for those of you looking to spend your hard earned cash - Ask your service guys first!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Valenti Audi in Wallingford explicitly told me they would not do that when I bought my 2012 A5 last year. Depends on the dealership it seems.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lg47904
Valenti Audi in Wallingford explicitly told me they would not do that when I bought my 2012 A5 last year. Depends on the dealership it seems.
Rockville (MD) Audi also told me the same thing.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 78lion
Rockville (MD) Audi also told me the same thing.
I like my Audi dealer, but I know a small, friendly independent shop near where I work. I often run into the shop owner on the street outside. One day he was admiring the new S5, and I mentioned to him that I had a cable. He said wow, that's great, but why didn't you ask me? You can come in anytime to use ours.

So, perhaps a quality independent shop might be a little more helpful if not the Audi dealer itself.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I live in ct. And would very interested in meeting up with you for voice activation. I would pay $ 100.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jemmac2013
I live in ct. And would very interested in meeting up with you for voice activation. I would pay $ 100.
I live in CT and have a cable and laptop in my car. I've done many Vag Mods however not this particular one. If you bring the documentation on how to do it, I can provide the cable / software. PM me if interested
Old 03-25-2013, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Mike
My email is mazzotta23@comcast.net and cell is 860-227-2053. Please call or email to make arrangements.

Thanks John.

Quick Reply: Vag-Com for 2013 A5 cab