Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

What do you think of Estoril blue Crystal with Black Roof?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of Estoril blue Crystal with Black Roof?

Hey guys

im very excited to get my first audi, and my first real car really, i used to drive a mazda so this is a huge upgrade!

Im wondering what do you think of the combination i mentioned above?

im usually a black exterior kind of guy but this color caught my attention as well, but im not sure if im going to be happy with it IRL, but based on the pics on the audi website it looks pretty cool!

im thinking of either blue or black exterior with red interior (s5)

cant decide which one to pick

anyone got blue audi with black roof or seen one IRL?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated
Old 08-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I saw an Estoril blue coupe at my dealer. I thinks it's a really pretty color by itself, but I'm not sure I'd like it with a black top (too bad they don't still offer the blue top like they did with the previous generation A4 convertible). If I were to go with that color combination, I think I'd want a gray interior, but I think you can only get the standard S5 seats in a combination gray/black, and not at all with the comfort seats (they only come in black or brown). And I'm not sure I would like the blue exterior with red/black seats -- seems a little too Justice League for my taste (although ultimately taste is such a personal matter and the only one whose preferences matter is you). I agree it's tough to ascertain from the website exactly how the car would look in person. I ultimately chose Phantom Black Pearl with black seats and top -- can't go wrong with a classic! Good luck making a decision!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ashes
Hey guys

im very excited to get my first audi, and my first real car really, i used to drive a mazda so this is a huge upgrade!

Im wondering what do you think of the combination i mentioned above?

im usually a black exterior kind of guy but this color caught my attention as well, but im not sure if im going to be happy with it IRL, but based on the pics on the audi website it looks pretty cool!

im thinking of either blue or black exterior with red interior (s5)

cant decide which one to pick

anyone got blue audi with black roof or seen one IRL?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated
Here are some of my Moonlight Blue with a black top. I loved the Estoril, but decided to get Moonlight because I was afraid of there being to much contrast between the paint and top. The moonlight is dark enough for my tastes:

http://imgur.com/a/meloc
Old 08-13-2012, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audiofyl
I saw an Estoril blue coupe at my dealer. I thinks it's a really pretty color by itself, but I'm not sure I'd like it with a black top (too bad they don't still offer the blue top like they did with the previous generation A4 convertible). If I were to go with that color combination, I think I'd want a gray interior, but I think you can only get the standard S5 seats in a combination gray/black, and not at all with the comfort seats (they only come in black or brown). And I'm not sure I would like the blue exterior with red/black seats -- seems a little too Justice League for my taste (although ultimately taste is such a personal matter and the only one whose preferences matter is you). I agree it's tough to ascertain from the website exactly how the car would look in person. I ultimately chose Phantom Black Pearl with black seats and top -- can't go wrong with a classic! Good luck making a decision!
I went to the dealer again to see if they have any blue estoril i can check out, they didnt and they told me its not a popular color, most people go wih black pearl, moonlight blue and silver

I think blue and red interior is going to make the car a little bit gimmicky? If thats the right word, instead of a classy audi.

I might play it safe and get one of these colors i mentioned earlier, even though im still tempted to get the estoril because it looks exciting. Do you think wood inlay is worth it in black on black? I couldnt see it in person either.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by robfarmer
Here are some of my Moonlight Blue with a black top. I loved the Estoril, but decided to get Moonlight because I was afraid of there being to much contrast between the paint and top. The moonlight is dark enough for my tastes:

http://imgur.com/a/meloc
Man thats sweet!

i saw coupe with this color, and i thought it was black at first, it is very dark but i guess its better than the old black color, i'll have to take another look.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did a Euro Delivery with Estoril Blue and Black/Brown interior on S5 Cab Prestige and am very happy with the black roof - which complements the look. In bright sunlight - the blue color shines! On a cloudy day, it is dark and so the black roof looks good either way IMO. No pics yet since my car is on a slow boat back to the states!

Good luck on your choice!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nasty. go classic.

peter