Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Wheel-Tire Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beakerz
So just find yourself a nice pothole, lower the air pressure in that tire, and put a nice bend in the rim. Presto! Instant new wheel.
Don't do it. Next thing you might hear is my wheels are dirty, so hit a pothole 4x and get a new clean set... Pity the fool that buys a used car from folks looking to ding a rim...

Last edited by achildofthesky; 01-04-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I live in WI and the roads are like swiss cheese, so its kind of a no brainer for me. I paid $500 for mine and it covers pretty much everything. 19" rims and tires aren't cheap!
Old 04-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok so to revive this old thread....(I totally forgot about it).

I bought the insurance shortly after starting this thread and since that time I had to replace 2 tires that bubbled out on me because of potholes. But of course, the potholes didn't bend the rims...go figure (not a complaint). And this past February I had curb rash on 3 rims fixed. One rim looked totally jacked up. I don't know how they did it, but they made the rims look totally new...I was really happy with that result. Everything was covered under the insurance.

My coverage ends next month so I gotta say the insurance was definitely worth it and I did get my moneys worth. Anyone else have the same luck with their insurance?
Old 04-13-2015, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Toysoldier
Ok so to revive this old thread....(I totally forgot about it).

I bought the insurance shortly after starting this thread and since that time I had to replace 2 tires that bubbled out on me because of potholes. But of course, the potholes didn't bend the rims...go figure (not a complaint). And this past February I had curb rash on 3 rims fixed. One rim looked totally jacked up. I don't know how they did it, but they made the rims look totally new...I was really happy with that result. Everything was covered under the insurance.

My coverage ends next month so I gotta say the insurance was definitely worth it and I did get my moneys worth. Anyone else have the same luck with their insurance?
I never had tire insurance, but in over 40 years of driving I've never needed it. In your case it worked out fine, but in mine it would have been a waste of money. My wife on the other hand gets a flat about every other year, but she pays a nominal premium at the tire store for tire insurance.