Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Where do Audis hit the ocean from?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do Audis hit the ocean from?

I'm trying to track the route of my S5 as it leaves the factory until it hits Canada.

I assume that cars are railed to the sea ports in Northern Germany, but does anyone know which port Audi ships out of?

I found a post here (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=18) where the poster thought he had found the logistics company responsible for getting vehicles across the Atlantic. While I was doing some checking, it seems that this company has two ports that have destinations to Halifax: Hamburg and Bremerhaven. Times from Hamburg are 15 days. Times from Bremerhaven are between 10-12 days.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JakBeatZ
I'm trying to track the route of my S5 as it leaves the factory until it hits Canada.

I assume that cars are railed to the sea ports in Northern Germany, but does anyone know which port Audi ships out of?

I found a post here (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=18) where the poster thought he had found the logistics company responsible for getting vehicles across the Atlantic. While I was doing some checking, it seems that this company has two ports that have destinations to Halifax: Hamburg and Bremerhaven. Times from Hamburg are 15 days. Times from Bremerhaven are between 10-12 days.

Anyone have any ideas?
My guess would be Bremerhaven, Germany (a large port city). It's approximately 33 miles (plus/minus) due North/Northwest of Bremen on Germany's northwest coast. It's a major shipping port and logistics hub for trans-atlantic freight, cargo, etc, and most likely the port in which our A5s and S5s will depart or for some of those on this forum - have departed from already.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can confirm the come from Bremenhaven.