Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Why is a loaded new A5 more than a loaded BMW 335i coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

you driven a Cayman S? not so anemic my friend...
Old 10-15-2007, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do girls know how much horsepower each model of each brand has?

Take the 265 hp A5 and floor it as hard as you can. I am sure a girl passanger would be quite impressed. In the 335i you wouldn't go any faster, you would just press the pedal less.

Of course, there are probably girls that will know that the A5 only has 265 hp and that the 335i has 300 hp and does 0-60 in 1.0-1.2 seconds quicker. Then you are screwed as they know that you got duped and didn't buy much performance and they will laugh at you.

Of course I imagine most girls will be more impressed by the propeller badge than the four ring emblem. But I don't now, I am sure they will like the shape of the A5 quite a lot.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default correct pricing goes

BMW 328 < Audi A5 < BMW 335 < Audi S5 = BMW M3 < Audi RS5

The S5 is actually the 335 competitor, it comes in about about 9-10K more than a fully equipped 335, however, the S5 is actually 60HP than the 335, and as some have pointed out comes standard with 19", and a much more premium finish, and fully loaded has B&O sound system, things like side assist, rear view camera's, etc ...all these can be had in the A5 as well, which top price will be about $50K fully loaded, but once again it's simply a better car than a comparable 328, now go sit in the Audi S5 you can't buy an A5 yet, and see the difference in luxury. The S5 is comparable in price to the M3, andyou might have a gripe, but so what, the S5 is still overall a much more luxurious car, and speed wise isn't that much slower. The new E92 M3 got annihalated by the old RS4, the new RS4 will be out in 2 years or so, likely the RS5 not announced yet will come out first, and if the outgoing RS4 mangled the new M3 imagine what the new RS4 and RS5 will do to it, hence, why you'll see price range of $75K likely for RS4 and RS5, a premium over the BMW M3, why because they are more luxurious and faster cars.

So, in truth his statement is correct the Audi's will cost you more, however, and BMW has more poser status, sor t of, only to people who really don't know, most want to be "i'm a waitress aspiring model/actor" types in LA, he is wrong on several accounts, speed, Audi has more hp than it's intended competitor, car. BMW makes up in it's handling only on dry pavement ofcourse, but straight line Audi wins, so yeah he can go fast. You should start buy gettin Audi lineup correct

A5 faster, more luxurious more expensive, and competes against 328

S5 faster, more luxurious more expensive, and competes against 335

RS5 will be faster (old RS4 already is), and competes against the M3
Old 10-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Elder Member

spoonie?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 PM

Default translation: your insecure so you need a luxury branded car/you live above your means.

Also, going out and looking for gold digging ****** is a great idea. Time to grow up there pal.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:06 AM
RS7

LOL
Old 10-16-2007, 04:43 AM
RS7

Default BMW Horror Quality Experienced

At the motor show I recently went to last week I sat in both a BMW M3 and 335i. I've always heard of people saying things about BMW quality etc but I never realised how bad it was until I sat in the cars.

The M3s seats, to start with wern't very good at all, they did not grip into me at all like a performance car in this levels should, an S5s seats are far superior, and the RS 4s bucket seats are on another level.

Secondly the "decorative inlays", or as I would call them scrap steel inlays, were really bad. When I ran my hand over one of the panels it was very bristly and not firmly in place. When I exited the car I accidentally bumped the door inlay and it crinckled in showing that it was extreamly thin and not firmly secured. All of the buttons in the car felt very tacky as well and when I turned the idrive **** it felt as though it was just about ready to flip off.

There was also a real lack of space in the car and the design of the interior was disjointed and not in harmony in any way.

No matter how well the cars can drive, after seeing what I did I would never be able to buy a BMW.

After sitting in the BMWs I went back to the Audi stand which was like a breath of fresh air. The S5 and new A4 were amazingly detailed inside and out with perfect quality. Anything you touch feels perfectly crafted and firmly in place.

Audis are without a doubt a car for people who appreciate the finer things in life that most go past without noticing. Even though they do sometimes cost more than competitors, the difference is outwayed by the massive increase in quality, design, materials and craftsmanship that all Audi's offer.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

that was awesome.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sjenner.....

notwithstanding most of the answers from the brotherhood below......

the very fact that you posted what you posted indicates you actually want the A5. not the bmw.

i don't think you'll escape that fact when you go to bed tonight.

.........when you order it get it in sprint blue. trust me. it's your color.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

bingo

Quick Reply: Why is a loaded new A5 more than a loaded BMW 335i coupe?