Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Why is a loaded new A5 more than a loaded BMW 335i coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JD Power Quality Ratings for cars

yeah well it's there, but I'd still take consumer reports more seriously than JD powers anyway. And Im not a BMW hater, it's just that i'm so sick of the stereotype that they are like this high class auto, when in fact they're making an inferior product on many levels. Especially build quality. Then there is the uneducated person, like the hoe your trying to pick up thinking that she's hot **** cause she drives a 325i.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can pick up women on the bus no need for a car
Old 10-16-2007, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Would need a Ferrari. Lambo or Bentley to impress shallow women
Old 10-16-2007, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: but it's really not like that at all!

Nirad LA is the most superficial city in the country runner up with Vegas. Don't even go there with the I used to live in N.Y. so I can say this crap. The west coast is filled with fake ****, and fake people. I have to say of all the cities in the U.S. that I've visited, L.A. was the most shallow. Use words like Fabulous all day, come on now.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I never implied they didn't you did. With your luxury car preference article.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:21 AM
RS7

Default Thats just what I saw, doesn't mean that all of the models are bad.

Maybe the one I sat in was a lemon, or had been damaged previously by some means.

Still I would prefer an Audi over a BMW just for the stunning interior. Its important to me because thats where you are the majority of the time. Exteriors are important too but I think that Audis are becomming more striking with each new model they bring out.

Also, as much as I would love to own a performance car, sometimes I think to myself if there is any point seeing as I live in the city and driving is always stop start.

It makes me think to myself whether I should even save up for an S model, or just get a top of the range A model.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I have/had both and experienced otherwise

I had my '01 A4 1.8TQ, bought new, for 6.5 years and shelled over $3K in repairs for stupid, little $hit. I've had my '03 330ci, bought new, for nearly 5 years and have spent absolutely $0 on repairs, and I have no extended warranty. For those who don't/didn't own both, and didn't buy brand new, you can't justify your statements about quality between the two brands. Heck, I really can't justify mine either as I've only owned one of each. In the end, because of the quality issues I experienced and poor resale value of Audi's, my next car will be another BMW.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yeah, I use the world "fabulous" every day. LOL

Like I already said, visiting here doesn't give you a clue what it's like to live here. In my experience, having grown up in NY, the awful, attention ***** people in NYC are just as bad as awful, attention ***** people in LA. The good thing with both cities is that these people are easily avoided.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oddly, Audi was the highest german manufacturer on JD Powers reliability charts?

Where do you get your information?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nah, I think there is a difference, attention ****** in NY aren't pretending.

Take for an example, the "club kiddies" of the 90's the group of people (party monster) was based on them. They literally got famous because they went to clubs, and acted as they were famous, simply to mock the system, they explained that they should be catered to, because, they were fabulous for the sake of being fabulous. They didn't do anything special, they weren't famous people, but they got that sort of treatment. A NY person is well aware of their B.S., and they aren't pretending like they aren't attention ****** on some pseudo metaphysical B.S., ... it's a totally different mentality, furthermore, hanging out in the village, you see truly creative people, who are different, not because they want to be different, but that's just they way they are, and they are very accepting of being that way, because, for the most part in NY know one really gives a $hit how different you are trying to be. People, in LA, do that just to get the attention. LA and NY are nothing alike, San Francisco is much more like NY.

Quick Reply: Why is a loaded new A5 more than a loaded BMW 335i coupe?