Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Wire transfer payment method

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChipB
The policy really varies by dealer - has nothing to do with your credit score or amount of deposit. I've purchased 5 Audis for cash in the past 10 years, and only once did a dealer require wire payments - all the other times they were fine with personal check. The method I used was the day before picked up teh car I had them fax me a statement including the VIN, options, and accounting of amount owed, then I wire-transferred the money to them. Next day I picked up the car no problem, although of course the finance guy who signs off the paperwork tried to sell me on other stuff, which he was quite willing to take a check or credit card for.

My experience with other brands is also mixed - Ford and Lexus dealers were both OK with personal checks, BMW was not.
So, I would say it is TOTALLY okay to wire the full payment a day before picking up the car and still be safe, correct? I know i might sounds silly that I worry too much about this payment method, especially when dealing with a legit audi dealership. LOL.. But again, first time doing this method and just wanna know if you guys have had any problems or concerns at all. Thanks for the info tho. Really appreciate it.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 391 Likes on 352 Posts

Wire transfer is a great way to handle a transaction like this. I guess my only concern would be wiring to a dealer half way across the USA that you have no familiarity with. That might be a concern...

Enjoy the new car !
Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Wire transfer is a great way to handle a transaction like this. I guess my only concern would be wiring to a dealer half way across the USA that you have no familiarity with. That might be a concern...

Enjoy the new car !
Thanks man.. No, the dealership is only about 20 miles away from my place. LOL.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think it is safe to pay in advance.

I have not heard of any luxury car dealership going bankrupt, especially not Audi ones.

I think because your car is a RS5, there is a lot of demand for it, so the dealership can and did ask for the wire transfer in advance.

When I got my RS5, I was very lucky. Just a week later after I paid my deposit, there were a few other customers that wanted to pay a few thousand dollars above MRSP.

The sales person told me this, after I was complaining about the long delivery time.

And, I had to pay a sizeable deposit, 5 months before I got the car.