Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by garberfc
@sthulin What adjustment were you able to make? I have yet to invest in the OBDEleven path, but will if the massage feature can hopefully:
  • Start automatically
  • Run indefinitely
As you may have guessed, I LOVE the massage seats.
The massage seats are great; not sure you want indefinite runtime, the massage components probably would not last. Some one had pics of the seat apart on here and the internals look difficult to replace should they wear out.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by garberfc
@sthulin What adjustment were you able to make? I have yet to invest in the OBDEleven path, but will if the massage feature can hopefully:
  • Start automatically
  • Run indefinitely
As you may have guessed, I LOVE the massage seats.
Originally Posted by MRA5SB
I think you can only increase the run time, its not indefinite.
Originally Posted by synergize
The massage seats are great; not sure you want indefinite runtime, the massage components probably would not last. Some one had pics of the seat apart on here and the internals look difficult to replace should they wear out.
There is a max you can set for the timer (1000 seconds). I forget but either the coding fails or it just resets down to 1000 if you try and set it higher. You can always just hit the button again when it turns off, but there is no way i've seen to get it to get indefinitely.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey Everyone.. I've been away from the forums for a while and wanted to drop in and say hi and to say I just did a full audit of the doc since my last audit at the beginning of the year and synced everything up again. Thanks to those that fixed the defacing and what not that happened since that last audit.

I know it was asked that maybe the permission on the doc should be changed to prevent all the random updates and defacing from happening. I personally still like having the doc open to the community so anyone can add / update it. Unless the defacing gets out of control like daily or something, I don't have a problem going though the history logs and fixing the small random changes that people accidently make to it every month or so but I'm happy to change it if the community feels it's necessary.

Any ways, Party on!
The following 8 users liked this post by heymoe:
BearTrapper (05-10-2021), DaveSNJ (05-11-2021), Hawkeye_Mo (05-10-2021), mhoran89 (05-11-2021), MRA5SB (05-10-2021), Nikon1 (05-10-2021), NJS5 (05-10-2021), synergize (05-10-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-28-2021, 12:07 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

Tried to disable the headlight wash (last item in the list) on our ‘19 RS5 and couldn’t find the setting via ODBEleven. I wonder if by upgrading my headlights to the Euro spec matrix lights I’ve changed the location or even the option to disable the headlight washers. Here in San Diego having these enabled just “ruins” any detail work done by over spray from the headlight washers spotting the rest of the car. Anyone have similar problems with this mod?
Old 05-28-2021, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
With the help of iampraneel and a bit of digging, I'm putting together a list of OBDEleven coding changes that is possible for the B9 platform into one document. I will regularly update it as I figure things out or find new additions.

Mods: Can we make this a sticky, please?

Google Docs Here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...MjDUXM/preview

********UPDATE: I changed the link to view only mode so that nobody changes anything by accident. If you want to make changes, click the link that is provided in the document.***********
Wondering if anyone has been able to get the RS5 cockpit in the B9 S5 even the RS5 startup screen. (I tried changing the vehicle variant & startup screen to every possible option in long coding without luck so I'm not sure what else to try)
My goal is to have the option of having the colours change/flash in the rpm cluster for shifting.

Any information would be great!
Old 05-28-2021, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try this, turn on the ignition (don't start car) with driver door closed; the car will do a short boot and checklist, this is when you should see the oil gauge. It appears after the Consumption Menu (left side of VC, sport gauge selected) for about 2 seconds, Mine has been working for over a month without fail with the heartbeat and a short musical note. 2019 S5, BO, Prestige.
Bringing this back up. I’ve got a 2018 A5 and turned on the welcome sound, I hear the heartbeat, but it is very faint. Rally hve to listen to hear. Is this normal, or does something else need to be turned up to hear it? Thanks
Old 05-28-2021, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_Mo
Bringing this back up. I’ve got a 2018 A5 and turned on the welcome sound, I hear the heartbeat, but it is very faint. Rally hve to listen to hear. Is this normal, or does something else need to be turned up to hear it? Thanks
I am certain there is a volume control for the startup sound in the MMI, I recall making mine louder, but that was a year ago or longer.
The following users liked this post:
Hawkeye_Mo (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 06:24 PM
Club AutoUnion

I am certain there is a volume control for the startup sound in the MMI, I recall making mine louder, but that was a year ago or longer.
indeed there is. Go into the sound menu, scroll down to Welcome Sound. Bingo
The following 2 users liked this post by PWDRSKR:
Hawkeye_Mo (05-28-2021), synergize (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PWDRSKR
indeed there is. Go into the sound menu, scroll down to Welcome Sound. Bingo
thanks guys! Found the menu location. Volume adjusted.
Old 05-29-2021, 04:24 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_Mo
thanks guys! Found the menu location. Volume adjusted.
No problem! My pleasure…for all I’ve “taken” from the forums I’m always happy when I can give back, even if only in a small way.

Now, If I can only figure out how to disable the headlight washers. “Ruined’ my recent detailing session last night when they activated as i tried so clean of the big a** bug that exploded on my whindshield. The option simply doesn’t appear when I used OBDEleven to disable per the last entry in the list. I wonder if the option was moved or removed web all the coding changes needed to retro-fit the Euro matrix headlights was done…the law of unintended consequences perhaps?

Another question I’ve had, can one OBDEleven be used on multiple vehicles? We are nearing the delivery date for the A6 allroad we ordered and I’ll be making changes…

Last edited by PWDRSKR; 05-29-2021 at 04:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (05-29-2021)

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)