Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS-Style animation

Hey all, I’ve been reading a lot around the net on coding this dancing light animation on my A5 B9.5 (matrix LED version).

I have tried using the oneclick App on the Tail light animation but I can’t seem to get it to work.

There’s a Japanese Tail light animation app too, together with the standard Basic/RS Style animation. I’m not sure what permutations there is to get this to work.

I have also tried long coding way, but to no avail. I read that perhaps my tail light does not permit any form of animation, however I beg to differ as I have local workshops here in Singapore that are doing the animations.

Is there anyone that has successfully did this coding for RS Style animation able to teach me the step by step way?
Old 12-22-2022, 01:43 PM
c99
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sthulin
so i saw this in a thread about an older s3, has anyone seen if this is a setting on the b9 and if it makes any difference?

[Direct Acceleration - Throttle response]
With this mod, you can change the behavior of the accelerator. Option B provides a more linear acceleration without sudden deliveries.
1 - Module 44 - Power steering. Code (19249)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - switching driving profile
Choices :
A - Gradual, controlled by time
B - Directly controlled threshold value
I am not sure change in 44 power steering could change throttle response
Old 01-01-2023, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Regarding the parking camera view, I see there is a coding to try and force the 360 degree 'overhead' view. I recall lots of people saying they were having trouble keeping their car set to that view, and that this programming might help.

I have a 2018 S5 Premium-Plus, not Prestige. I've never had that top camera view work, and I think that's because the feature comes in the 'Prestige' package. Can this be enabled with the OBD11, similar to how the auto-high beams (also a feature standard w Prestige, but doesn't come standard with Premium-Plus) can be enabled? Or, does this require an additional physical camera(s) that my car simply doesn't have?
Old 01-01-2023, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by borisivan
Regarding the parking camera view, I see there is a coding to try and force the 360 degree 'overhead' view. I recall lots of people saying they were having trouble keeping their car set to that view, and that this programming might help.

I have a 2018 S5 Premium-Plus, not Prestige. I've never had that top camera view work, and I think that's because the feature comes in the 'Prestige' package. Can this be enabled with the OBD11, similar to how the auto-high beams (also a feature standard w Prestige, but doesn't come standard with Premium-Plus) can be enabled? Or, does this require an additional physical camera(s) that my car simply doesn't have?

The car relies on cameras in the front bumper and side mirrors to create the 360 view. It cannot be coded in without the hardware.
The following users liked this post:
ShiftyWolf (01-01-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Has there been any update/news about disabling Pre-Sence in the B9 via VCDS?
Old 06-04-2023, 07:35 AM
Banned

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Since this thread is 121 pages, and it's a lot to read, i will risk and ask it again(maybe). Did someone managed to code the HBA to remember last setting on MLB platform(Audi A4 B9). Thank you!

Last edited by Alexandru.k_24; 06-04-2023 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-04-2023, 09:11 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexandru.k_24
Since this thread is 121 pages, and it's a lot to read, i will risk and ask it again(maybe). Did someone managed to code the HBA to remember last setting on MLB platform(Audi A4 B9). Thank you!
As much as I'd like to be wrong, I don't think this particular nut has been cracked. Audi failed when creating the software and has yet to "fix" it. FWIW, B9.5 cars but not on B9 cars.
Old 06-22-2023, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default a/c off not working

I recently got a 2019 a5 sportback and I just noticed that “a/c off” doesn’t seem to do anything… ac just keeps running. I recently did some OBDeleven coding but only stuff I. This thread and nothing related to the AC. Anyone have any clue what it could be?
Old 06-23-2023, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you disabled start/stop through coding, that method has been known to keep the a/c running constantly as the method to keep s/s from engaging.
The following users liked this post:
MRA5SB (06-28-2023)
Old 07-16-2023, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Any update on coding list for b9.5 please

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
With the help of iampraneel and a bit of digging, I'm putting together a list of OBDEleven coding changes that is possible for the B9 platform into one document. I will regularly update it as I figure things out or find new additions.

Mods: Can we make this a sticky, please?

Google Docs Here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...MjDUXM/preview

********UPDATE: I changed the link to view only mode so that nobody changes anything by accident. If you want to make changes, click the link that is provided in the document.***********
hello, Just wanted to ask if there has been any new update to the OBDeleven coding list for b9.5. Thank you and i appreciate your great work.

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)