Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fwd55
After the last time I updated it a few weeks ago, there were no more descriptions. I'm running 19.6.1, not showing any updates available. It'll probably make a liar out of me and they'll all be there next time I plug it init!
I have the same problem with VCDS and turning off the B&O light bar. When I enter the module they don’t have any descriptions for any of the door modules. I can do the long coding but don’t know what bit/byte combo to change since none have labels.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone know the byte/bit values for these two below as 46 for me pulls up 'Description data not found'

Key-fob Range Limitation

Description: Extend the range of the key fob
  • 46 - Central Module Comfort System
  • Long Coding
  • Change range_limitation_lock, range_limitation_rear, range_limitation_openrange_limitation_panic, and central_locking_system_request_for_range_function to Not Active
  • Press and hold green check mark to accept
Increase Range of Comfort Window Open/Close with Key

Description: Extends the distance from vehicle to open / close the windows
  • Long Coding
  • “comfort_operation_range_limitation”
  • Change from “active” to “not active”

/edit: okay I have just seen these two features are available through the dumb interface. I shall try there

Last edited by audibonkers; 09-06-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 248 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by audibonkers
Does anyone know the byte/bit values for these two below as 46 for me pulls up 'Description data not found'

Key-fob Range Limitation

Description: Extend the range of the key fob
  • Long Coding
  • Change range_limitation_lock, range_limitation_rear, range_limitation_openrange_limitation_panic, and central_locking_system_request_for_range_function to Not Active
Increase Range of Comfort Window Open/Close with Key

Description: Extends the distance from vehicle to open / close the windows
  • Long Coding
  • “comfort_operation_range_limitation”
  • Change from “active” to “not active”

/edit: okay I have just seen these two features are available through the dumb interface. I shall try there
Once you’ve made the change, please let us know if you note a difference in the range. I don’t think it made much, if any difference after I made the change. I have read other people had the same results. Thanks....

Last edited by NJS5; 09-07-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

^ I'm hoping I can close the windows / sunroof from our house when the car is in the drive if it rains. My 2016 Q5 did this perfectly.
The car is usually 20-30 feet away.
At present the default setting annoyingly only works when you are standing right by the car. Kind of pointless as you can press hold any of the door buttons to do the same thing.

Last edited by audibonkers; 09-07-2019 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by laakness
I have the same problem with VCDS and turning off the B&O light bar. When I enter the module they don’t have any descriptions for any of the door modules. I can do the long coding but don’t know what bit/byte combo to change since none have labels.
Quoting myself...

I was able to work out my issue. I clicked OK to the experimental screen and was able to find all the menus mentioned in the doc. No actual issue.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NJS5
Once you’ve made the change, please let us know if you note a difference in the range. I don’t think it made much, if any difference after I made the change. I have read other people had the same results. Thanks....
So, trying through the dumb interface it appears both modules were already set by default to allow longer distance remote use, including comfort windows.
The problem remains. Comfort window open/close only works when you are standing next to vehicle.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Quoting myself...

I was able to work out my issue. I clicked OK to the experimental screen and was able to find all the menus mentioned in the doc. No actual issue.
Experimental screen?
Old 09-11-2019, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audibonkers
Experimental screen?
In VCDS there is a pop up that gives a warning about experimental features or codings, I don’t remember the wording.

The ‘experimental’ wording is concerning but it’s just indicating they don’t have the whole module mapped out.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

In VCDS there is a pop up that gives a warning about experimental features or codings, I don’t remember the wording.

The ‘experimental’ wording is concerning but it’s just indicating they don’t have the whole module mapped out.
Ahh VCDS okay. I have the older B9 incompatible HEX-CAN cable. I love their software. I thought you meant OBDEleven had an experimental section sorry.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I talked to support at OBDeleven.
For those with very new B9s, the reason we are unable to access descriptions (and therefore perform any changes) for long coding for comfort module 46 is that there is a change to the block of code that messes up existing links.
They are waiting to get the new information from Audi to be able to add the correct descriptions.

This would explain why using the credit based App changes to change extending key fob range and comfort windows also does not work yet.

Long story short, it's probable that when things get ironed out (could be months and months away), we will be able to adjust things in module 46 correctly.

Last edited by audibonkers; 09-13-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)