Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default High beam assistant

Looking for some guidance. I have gone through the instructions in the google doc trying to get high beam assistant working in my 2019 A5 SB. I can get the first two of three steps to take but I get one of two errors each time I try to complete the third step. The error is (22) or (75, I think). After the first two steps, I do see the option in the MMI and if I activate the high beam assistant using the stalk, I see the correct icon in the gauge cluster. I didn't leave it that way and went back to the original settings from the first two steps. BTW, I was able to get the "Comfort Turn Signal Count" and "Low-beam with high-beam" coding to work.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?
Old 09-17-2019, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TheSigo
Looking for some guidance. I have gone through the instructions in the google doc trying to get high beam assistant working in my 2019 A5 SB. I can get the first two of three steps to take but I get one of two errors each time I try to complete the third step. The error is (22) or (75, I think). After the first two steps, I do see the option in the MMI and if I activate the high beam assistant using the stalk, I see the correct icon in the gauge cluster. I didn't leave it that way and went back to the original settings from the first two steps. BTW, I was able to get the "Comfort Turn Signal Count" and "Low-beam with high-beam" coding to work.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?
A quick follow-up. I cannot edit my own posts yet. I was able to get this function programmed. With the ignition on but car NOT running, I turned off everything that I could turn off. I completed the steps outlined in the google doc but I did step three before step two. Function works just like it is supposed to. I've tested it both day and night and it works great. Having just this one feature justified the cost in my mind for the OBDEleven Pro.

Thanks to all on the board who have contributed to this topic!
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (09-17-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 08:40 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

A quick follow-up. I cannot edit my own posts yet. I was able to get this function programmed. With the ignition on but car NOT running, I turned off everything that I could turn off. I completed the steps outlined in the google doc but I did step three before step two. Function works just like it is supposed to. I've tested it both day and night and it works great. Having just this one feature justified the cost in my mind for the OBDEleven Pro.

Thanks to all on the board who have contributed to this topic!

Congratulations & Welcome to AudiWorld!

— John
Old 09-17-2019, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Ambient LED interior lighting

Has anyone figured out a way to code in the ambient LED interior lighting (ability to change the color of the LED interior lights)?
Old 09-17-2019, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Has anyone figured out a way to code in the ambient LED interior lighting (ability to change the color of the LED interior lights)?
I'm pretty sure you can't enable the color selectable ambient LED lighting in cars that didn't come with it because the LEDs installed in those cars are not RGB.

Last edited by heymoe; 09-17-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 248 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
I'm pretty sure you can't enable the color selectable ambient LED lighting in cars that didn't come with it because the LEDs installed are in those cars are not RGB.
What heymoe said....
Old 09-17-2019, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw on another forum that with VCDS there's a possibility of adding the Audi heartbeat chime..

Video for reference:

Does anyone know if this is possible to do with OBDEleven?

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2019, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi-S4
I saw on another forum that with VCDS there's a possibility of adding the Audi heartbeat chime..

Thanks!
Not sure about the heartbeat sound but you can enable this welcome sound:

The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (09-17-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 04:33 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
Not sure about the heartbeat sound but you can enable this welcome sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5bewcFmeJA

Details???

— John
Old 09-17-2019, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audi-S4

Video for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHIuzz2oYB8

Thanks!
Yes. I activated it on my RS5 SB and can adjust volume via MMI. Instructions are in the doc:

Welcome sound

Description: It plays a sound during the startup of the MMI. There is now also a possibility to change the volume of this sound in sound control menu.
  1. 5F - Information Control Unit
  2. Adaptation (10)
  3. search: "Vehicle configuration-vehicle_readiness_sound"
  4. Press and hold green check mark to save.

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)