Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
Don't the RS5 gauge already sweep when your start it? I'm pretty sure mine does and didn't change anything.
You are correct. Apparently I don't pay close enough attention on startup.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by audibonkers
Hmm, okay I'm going to try it. The VC is too bright at night for me even if I have the rest of the vehicle quite dimly set.
How'd things end up?
Old 09-28-2019, 05:38 AM
2018 S5 Sportback

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question for anyone that deactivated Start / Stop with OBDeleven:

The first step to activate the Launch Control Program is to deactivate the Start / Stop system by pressing the dedicated button on the center console. Is the process different when Start / Stop is permanently deactivated with OBDeleven? In other words, do you still need to press the Start / Stop button to initiate the Launch Control Program?
Old 09-28-2019, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sthulin
How'd things end up?
I haven't been able to play yet. Time is not on my side at the mo :/
Old 09-28-2019, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by phil9000
Question for anyone that deactivated Start / Stop with OBDeleven:

The first step to activate the Launch Control Program is to deactivate the Start / Stop system by pressing the dedicated button on the center console. Is the process different when Start / Stop is permanently deactivated with OBDeleven? In other words, do you still need to press the Start / Stop button to initiate the Launch Control Program?
Any kind of launch control ( the real one with DSG or the brake torque one with the ZF) will be done with the trans in S, which automatically kills the Start/Stop, so you don't need to worry about all that. I mean you can do it with the trans in D but who does that?
Old 09-29-2019, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
There is a coding in the doc that will slightly dim the DRL when the turn signal is on. The dimming of the DRL should cover the concern of audibonkers.

Daytime Running Lights Ramp Up/Down When Using Turn Signals

Description: Instead of instant on/off for daytime running lights, they dim down/up when turn signals turned on. (Doesn’t work for LED Matrix)
  • 09 - Central Electrics
  • Long Coding
  • drl_at_indication_config
  • Change default Value: full_available to: dimming_to_sl
  • Press and hold green check mark to accept.
For some reason, this mod is not working for me. It was already set to dimming_to_sl. I changed it back to full_available, then back to dimming_to_sl, but the DRL simply turns all the way off and stays off while the turn signal blinks orange. Odd. Has anyone successfully implemented this mod? If so, could you take a screenshot of all the codes values in 09 - Central Electrics related to DRL?
Old 09-29-2019, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 100 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by mobidutch
For some reason, this mod is not working for me. It was already set to dimming_to_sl. I changed it back to full_available, then back to dimming_to_sl, but the DRL simply turns all the way off and stays off while the turn signal blinks orange. Odd. Has anyone successfully implemented this mod? If so, could you take a screenshot of all the codes values in 09 - Central Electrics related to DRL?
The video I linked is what occurs when you code the "Daytime Running Lights Ramp Up/Down When Using Turn Signals" and is only applicable when the low beams are off.

If you do not want the DRL to turn off with the turn signal, you need to code Scandinavian DRLs. This causes your tail light parking lights to be on as well with the DRL.

Video:
Old 09-29-2019, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Daaavid
The video I linked is what occurs when you code the "Daytime Running Lights Ramp Up/Down When Using Turn Signals" and is only applicable when the low beams are off.
Ah, that is very helpful information. I will try the Scandinavian option and then decide if I want that tail parking light behavior or not. Thank you!
Old 10-09-2019, 10:09 PM
2018 S5 Sportback

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Added the option of enabling A/C Eco by replacing A/C Max in climate control system
  • Air Conditioning -> Long Coding -> ACmax/ECO -> Old Value: ACmax New Value: ECO (removes max, adds eco)
Old 10-10-2019, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by mobidutch
Ah, that is very helpful information. I will try the Scandinavian option and then decide if I want that tail parking light behavior or not. Thank you!
That might confuse US divers. We are not accustomed to see tail lights on all the time.

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)