Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Ha!

If only so easy. Sadly not an option for Canadian cars. There is no 'off' position. Hoping there's a way to disable the ambient light sensor!
Wow, that sucks. So the headlight is always on?
Old 11-12-2019, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 931 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by stwus
Wow, that sucks. So the headlight is always on?
I've gotten it so that if the sun is out and the parking brake is on, the front DRLs are off, but other than that:

If sun = out, then brakelamps/tail lamps 'off', headlights 'off', DRL 'on'
If sun = off, then brakelamps/tail lamps 'on', 'headlights 'on', DRL 'on'
Old 11-12-2019, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by iampraneel
-=Hot|Ice=-, not sure if this one is in here but if it’s not can you add the following to the google doc? I just made this change to my 18 S5 SB which i believe is standard on the RS5.

It adds an additional screen when pressing the silver heads up button on the dash. The new screen shows the details in the pic below. Here are the screens.

1. Normal - Current speed, speed limit, nav info etc.
2. Sport - Current speed, lap time, engine temp, current gear etc.
3. Off

“Head Up Display”
“Long Coding”
“Laptimer_activated” select “available”
press and hold green check mark to save.

I noticed that the oil temp in my HUD is always one degree lower than in my dashboard. Is it because the number shown in dashboard rounded off the number differently?
Old 11-12-2019, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by stwus
I noticed that the oil temp in my HUD is always one degree lower than in my dashboard. Is it because the number shown in dashboard rounded off the number differently?
Sorry for going on a tangent, but what button do you have to push for this feature? Silver heads up display button is where?...
Old 11-12-2019, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry for going on a tangent, but what button do you have to push for this feature? Silver heads up display button is where?...
If you have the lap timer enabled in HUD, when you push the silver ****, it will switch to the sport mode.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Ha!

If only so easy. Sadly not an option for Canadian cars. There is no 'off' position. Hoping there's a way to disable the ambient light sensor!
Ahh, how about replace the Canadian switch hardware with the US hardware with an off position?
Old 11-12-2019, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by heymoe
Ahh, how about replace the Canadian switch hardware with the US hardware with an off position?
Not really possible on my A8, but even so I would suspect some OBD11 coding is required...
Old 11-12-2019, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I turned on the G-meter/Acceleration Display, it appears but doesn't seem to move at all, is the hardware not present in the S5? Maybe RS5 only?
Old 11-12-2019, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Cv640pilot
I turned on the G-meter/Acceleration Display, it appears but doesn't seem to move at all, is the hardware not present in the S5? Maybe RS5 only?
RS comes with the required sensor modules
Old 11-21-2019, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iampraneel
-=Hot|Ice=-, not sure if this one is in here but if it’s not can you add the following to the google doc? I just made this change to my 18 S5 SB which i believe is standard on the RS5.

It adds an additional screen when pressing the silver heads up button on the dash. The new screen shows the details in the pic below. Here are the screens.

1. Normal - Current speed, speed limit, nav info etc.
2. Sport - Current speed, lap time, engine temp, current gear etc.
3. Off

“Head Up Display”
“Long Coding”
“Laptimer_activated” select “available”
press and hold green check mark to save.

Has anyone else tried this code yet? When I tried earlier today, I get a "(31) Function not available". In looking at the OBDeleven website, the accessibility of channels depends on coding and adaptation values in other channels. Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to enable the laptimer first? I'd appreciate any insight/suggestions anyone might have!!

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)