Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Given what happens with Automatic Open (Opens as you walk away from a locked car), my little pee brain is telling me that Automatic Open and Automatic Close would not play well together, even if we could get Automatic Close to work. With that, I would much prefer to have Automatic Close active as that way I know the car is locked and won't reopen unless I use my key or touch the handle. So, now we just need to figure out how to make that work. Yes, that was a challenge.......
The following users liked this post:
Nikon1 (02-10-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

While playing around in the OBDEleven coding for the MMI, I noticed some of our sources seem to have level adjustments.
Among other owners, many of us who use SD cards or iPhone/Android source material, get blasted the -F- out when turning on another source, especially Sirius.

Has anyone played around in there?
They all seem to have the same ~-120 (assuming DB) settings.
I wonder if reducing the Sirius setting (and I'm unsure which direction that would go - more negative, closer to zero, etc.).

If anyone wants to compare notes on this, I would appreciate it.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 18RSFive
Given what happens with Automatic Open (Opens as you walk away from a locked car), my little pee brain is telling me that Automatic Open and Automatic Close would not play well together, even if we could get Automatic Close to work. With that, I would much prefer to have Automatic Close active as that way I know the car is locked and won't reopen unless I use my key or touch the handle. So, now we just need to figure out how to make that work. Yes, that was a challenge.......
I've been digging in the menus to make it work forever. Can't figure it out. I'll keep looking, though.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dereitz
Thanks for the suggestions but no luck so far (tried leaving the door open and car in accessory mode). Any chance this is a difference between US and UK models? I didn't realize it at first since I've never used it, but the laptimer was already enabled. I was hoping to enable this in the HUD simply for the gear display. Has anyone else tried this in a US model? What about a 2018 S5 Sportback Prestige? Thanks for the help!!
To follow up on this. I tried this again today, and voila, it worked! I have to assume that OBDeleven must have fixed something on their end as I didn't change anything. If anyone was having problems enabling the HUD laptimer, it is worth trying it again to see if it works now. Cheers!
Old 03-15-2020, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 146 Likes on 84 Posts

Apologies if this question was asked before. Is there a way to enable the RS5 style tachometer specifically on the S5? I really like the way the tach color codes and graduates from green to red as it hits the red line.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by inphra
Apologies if this question was asked before. Is there a way to enable the RS5 style tachometer specifically on the S5? I really like the way the tach color codes and graduates from green to red as it hits the red line.
Hasn't been done yet AFAIK.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

This may be obvious, but if you are changing the Adaptive Brake Lights and do not have ACC, that entry should be skipped (left as not_active).

I missed that the first time and the car kept throwing a "databus missing" trouble code. Leaving the ACC entry as not_active eliminated the fault. I updated the Google Doc to reflect this.

Thank you to all who have helped put this together... it's very helpful!
The following users liked this post:
-=Hot|Ice=- (03-17-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 100 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by ZoggyBottom
This may be obvious, but if you are changing the Adaptive Brake Lights and do not have ACC, that entry should be skipped (left as not_active).

I missed that the first time and the car kept throwing a "databus missing" trouble code. Leaving the ACC entry as not_active eliminated the fault. I updated the Google Doc to reflect this.

Thank you to all who have helped put this together... it's very helpful!
Thank you for the update.

For most, emergency_brake_indication should be enough. With ACC equipped vehicles, enabling the ACC entry should also flash the ACC in VC and HUD when the scenario is active but I've yet to test this for obvious reasons.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I have bought and installed a camera from aliexpress. camera came with its own harness and finished the installation.
But it doesnt work on first try. when i need to use the camera i always have to put reverse two times and it is so annoying.
Please find the video in action;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/83gg55s3x9...22.42.mp4?dl=0

On the other hand i have at 5f adaptation;
- Car_Funktion_List_BAP_Gen2_VPS MSG-bus set to : "terminal 15". (comfort data bus didnt help either)
- Car_Funktion_List_BAP_Gen2_VPS: set to "activated"

How I can make camera working when i put the car in reverse or when i press parking sensor button?
Thanks
Old 03-29-2020, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

OK - going on a year since we've seen substantive updates....not that I'm complaining, just significant work on fine tuning the already known coding for different vehicles.

Has anyone found anything else out or any new coding found elsewhere you can point us too?
Specifically, still looking for that HBA setting to stick after re-start.....
I saw a post about this somewhere but it didn't work on my vehicle and several others.
Wondering if this was ultimately found...

BTW - I did find a way to equalize audio sources when switching them.
The main one being Sirius being extraordinarily loud when switching from SD Card, for example.

I didn't document my steps, but will go back to find what I did and then post....

Last edited by Thes6isWicked; 03-29-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)