Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 11:10 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,408 Posts

I found these instructions in their Installation Instructions interesting:

I’ve never used one of their dongles so these instructions may apply to all of their products.

— John
The following users liked this post:
-=Hot|Ice=- (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 12:13 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Thes6isWicked
I just received the below message from Kufatec re HBA reset, but I want ensure I confirm this will work on the B9 platform:

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your request.

Please use item 43262. This item is for HBA activation and will also enable the memory function in the car so you do not need to re-enable this every time.

https://www.kufatec.com/en/coding-di...2?number=43262

Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

KUFATEC Support Team
Nima Ghassemi

KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG
Dahlienstr. 15
D - 23795 Bad Segeberg
Interesting. Are you going to order it? Makes me wonder if the coding performed by the dongle can be duplicated via a different tool like Vag-COM or OBDEleven.

The product page doesn't mention HBA "sticking" after restart specifically...
Old 04-01-2020, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by PWDRSKR
Makes me wonder if the coding performed by the dongle can be duplicated via a different tool like Vag-COM or OBDEleven.
I've used an Arduino computer with a can-bus comms module and a Y-OBD connector to record comms between OBD-11 and my car. So yes, the exact parameters that are being modified can be recorded and either duplicated with the Arduino, or another tool assuming they have access to those parameters.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by PWDRSKR
Interesting. Are you going to order it? Makes me wonder if the coding performed by the dongle can be duplicated via a different tool like Vag-COM or OBDEleven.

The product page doesn't mention HBA "sticking" after restart specifically...
I was wondering the exact same thing, but the email I received stated it WOULD maintain the setting, post shutdown/restart.
I'm posting to see if someone has already ordered it and can tell us what changes it made....
As we have the MQB platform, our instructions are different than the rare posting is see to do this from the MLB platform.

And those previous to this post, who have scanned the Vag-Com don't find any alignment to the MLB instructions (terms don't match, etc.).
I am clearly aware that the two platforms are different, by the current MQB-EVO platformed A6, has this enabled from the factory.
If the A6, with whom we share the MQB-EVO platform has it, there must be similar settings in a different module, or it must be a long coding exercise.
I'm still pretty sure it's in the 09 module, after requesting a few times, no one has posted the 09 module long coding from an A6 which will help us....

So, yes - I think I will order once I confirm they understood when I said "maintain setting after re-start".....

Old 04-01-2020, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more
I've used an Arduino computer with a can-bus comms module and a Y-OBD connector to record comms between OBD-11 and my car. So yes, the exact parameters that are being modified can be recorded and either duplicated with the Arduino, or another tool assuming they have access to those parameters.
If you want to send me the tools required, I'll help extract the coding needed.
Again, once I've confirmed their English to German was interpreted correctly.
:-)
Old 04-01-2020, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 379 Likes on 262 Posts

I was wondering the exact same thing, but the email I received stated it WOULD maintain the setting, post shutdown/restart.
I'm posting to see if someone has already ordered it and can tell us what changes it made....
As we have the MQB platform, our instructions are different than the rare posting is see to do this from the MLB platform.

And those previous to this post, who have scanned the Vag-Com don't find any alignment to the MLB instructions (terms don't match, etc.).
I am clearly aware that the two platforms are different, by the current MQB-EVO platformed A6, has this enabled from the factory.
If the A6, with whom we share the MQB-EVO platform has it, there must be similar settings in a different module, or it must be a long coding exercise.
I'm still pretty sure it's in the 09 module, after requesting a few times, no one has posted the 09 module long coding from an A6 which will help us....

So, yes - I think I will order once I confirm they understood when I said "maintain setting after re-start".....
Err....B9 cars are MLB-evo platform, not MQB.

MQB is the VW/Audi transverse platform (Golf 7/7.5, Tiguan, Atlas, Arteon, Audi A3/S3, Q3).
Old 04-01-2020, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DaveSNJ
Err....B9 cars are MLB-evo platform, not MQB.

MQB is the VW/Audi transverse platform (Golf 7/7.5, Tiguan, Atlas, Arteon, Audi A3/S3, Q3).
Yes, I misspoke.
I'm awaiting confirmation as this device claims to work on both MLB/MQB - just need the EVO portion confirmed by Kufatec.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 379 Likes on 262 Posts

Yes, I misspoke.
I'm awaiting confirmation as this device claims to work on both MLB/MQB - just need the EVO portion confirmed by Kufatec.
Good deal. It would be nice if it did.
It's annoying that VAG doesn't consistently use module coding across model lines, platforms, models on the same platform, or even for different years of the same generation.
The following users liked this post:
Thes6isWicked (04-01-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How to turn OFF lane assist OBD11

I've see lots on activating lane assist but I want to turn it off on my B9 RS5 with OBD 11....Is there one Adaptation that will kill it without going thru all the long coding??
Old 04-04-2020, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Holden6v8
I've see lots on activating lane assist but I want to turn it off on my B9 RS5 with OBD 11....Is there one Adaptation that will kill it without going thru all the long coding??
I will assume that ALA was not a purchased item, and that you activated it via OBD11? If so, easiest way to toggle on / off via OBD11 is to:

Control module (A5) Front Sensors Drivers Assistance System ->
Adaptation -> Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn. ->
and change the value from "On" to "Off" (if "Off" isn't there, then it would be "Selection via menu")

Quick Reply: ***Official*** B9 A5/S5/RS5 OBDEleven Coding Thread (Updated 8/6/2018)